- Trading and Risk Management: working with commodity-centric organizations to set-up and expand their commodity trading and risk management activities, partnering with them to optimize product margin, enhance supply certainty, and reduce price/volumetric volatility through state of the art analytics, AI, and risk management techniques.
- Investment Valuation& Financial Structuring: We work collaboratively with clients to shape investment / divestment transactions, devise investment strategies, support corporate restructuring, capital planning, balance-sheet optimization and other core strategic priorities around their assets portfolio
- Optimization: Finally, we help clients create value by optimizing their value chain, be it through developing a new strategic direction because of digital disruption or market uncertainty, helping them grow and enter new markets, or even devising new, innovative and agile business models to help them pivot to the New. Underpinning this work, we also regularly partner with our clients to enhance their corporate functions’ strategies and agility in support of the wider business model and strategic plan.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
- Manages medium - large sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Ability to meet travel requirements, up to 100%
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in either a strategy consulting firm working in commodity markets, investment banking or a relevant position in the finance industry
- Knowledge of how global markets operate and an understanding of commodity trends
- Demonstrable exposure to one or more of the following industries: energy, chemicals, soft commodities, agriculture, metals, mining, utilities, transportation, consumer goods, capital markets
- Familiarity with recognized strategy frameworks and techniques; experience in research and data analysis
- Good quantitative skills, with Excel/VBA as a minimum and other modelling packages a plus
- Experience in business case development, financial analysis and a demonstrable understanding of financial statements
- Experience in leading / contributing to teams and delivering complex strategy / consulting engagements
- Demonstrable exposure to digital, analytics and/or applied intelligence would be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
LocationsTX - Dallas,TX - Houston
Jobs Near You
Junior Program/Project Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Security Global Quality & Risk Associate Manager
Performance, Risk & Quality
Google Cloud Platform Solution Architect
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.