Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
- Responsible for Accenture’s US indirect tax positions, compliance and audits
- Assist Accenture in identification and mitigation of US indirect tax risk and strategic tax planning for client engagements and acquisitions
- Monitor US indirect tax legislation applicable to Accenture and implement processes for compliance
- Review vendor agreements to analyze US indirect tax matters
- Draft and negotiate contract/legal document terms
- Work collaboratively with other Tax SMEs, finance, legal and client engagement teams and outside advisors to execute US indirect tax planning efforts and initiatives
- Build relationships with senior leadership on client deals and advise on U.S. indirect tax related matters
- Communicate US indirect tax law changes to Global Tax leadership and impacted deal team leadership
- Work with Tax leads and outside advisors to research the implications of US indirect tax laws and changes to US indirect tax regulations and advise Accenture on related issues
- Remain up to date on current US indirect tax laws and practices and communicate changes that impact client engagements to the project leadership teams
- Lead and manage Accenture’s US Sales Tax team
- Provide guidance and functional expertise to direct/indirect reports
- Set goals and deliverables for direct/indirect reports
- Train, mentor and manage career development of direct reports
- Monitor volume of workload against team size and escalate issues
- Define training requirements for key stakeholder teams and develop necessary training to meet the needs of the business
- Minimum of 10 years of US indirect tax technical experience in a professional services firm and/or large multinational corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree – CPA or Law Degree
- Experience ideally will include providing tax planning advice on large, complex engagements, acquisitions and other transactions
- Indirect tax audit and compliance experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Vertex and SAP experience a plus
- Strong customer service, advisory, conflict management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems including strong negotiation skills
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to work well in an unstructured, dynamic environment and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks to completion
- Ability to gather, assimilate, analyze and summarize information on Accenture transactions from multiple sources. Specifically, read, analyze, and interpret tax and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Customer focused with ability to quickly respond to inquiries
- Effectively present/communicate tax technical topics to client engagement and finance teams
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership as well as teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
Accenture Strategy Enterprise Analytics Senior Manager
Federal - Organizational Design & Change Management Specialist
Corporate Strategy Associate Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.