SENIOR SOFTWARE ARTISAN
Our developers are called “Artisans” because creating software not only requires technical knowledge, but also skilled artistry and craft. Our Software Artisans collaborate on multi-functional teams to create software-fueled digital experiences—writing rock solid code and delivering the highest-value solution in the smallest amount of time.
A DAY IN THE LIFE.
● Working with version control systems (Git, TFS, Bitbucket, etc.).
● Applying Agile and XP development practices including test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration, pair programming and/or mob programming and continuous delivery and/or continuous deployment.
● Developing software solutions for real end users, in any of the following platforms: mobile, web, desktop or embedded.
● Understanding the needs of the client and creating fast feedback loops to confirm the understanding.
● Continuously learning and growing new and existing technical and consulting skills.
● Collaborating and effectively communicating within your development team and client team. ● Working on cross-functional teams—Fusion is kind of a big deal here.
● Creating simple, clean code using design and development principles (e.g. SOLID, DRY and YAGNI).
ARE YOU A GAME CHANGER?
Our mission is to provide an environment where people do what they love and feel empowered to influence change. Of course our open and flexible workspaces, fully-stocked fridge and pantry help create a thriving work ecosystem. But we also support this goal in ways that can’t be contained within four walls—so whether you are working at a client site or from a Forge, the Forge mindset goes where you go.
● “No-constraints” thinking—we’re talking “change the world” kind of thinking.
● Team members who push you to succeed, because they expect you to do the same for them.
● Diverse and changing work environments.
● Learning, sharing and working closely with other team members because we take the “two heads are better than one” saying very seriously.
● A “Speed2Value” approach to solving problems and delivering value.
● Open communication across the company—direct, expert and personal.
● A learning ecosystem that encourages and empowers lifelong learning and growth of our team. ● Active participation in Agile and software craftsmanship communities and we hope you do the same!
PERKS OF THE JOB.
So what’s in it for you, right? On top of “Creative Collision” lunches served up every Friday, we provide our team members with a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
● Competitive compensation package including salary, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life, accident and auto/homeowners insurance.
● PTO to do literally whatever you want, and holidays off to spend with whoever you want.
● 401(k) with match, because we care about your future beyond Industry X.0.
● Health and wellness support including Employee Assistance Program, Developmental Disabilities Caregiver Resource, Wellness Program and Online Fitness Program.
● A flexible and customizable career growth path.
● Family is family—that’s why it’s important to us to offer adoption and surrogacy assistance, medical plans that cover infertility treatment, paid Maternity Leave, paid Primary and Secondary Caregiver Leave, and a Backup Dependent Care program.
● Pets? They’re family, too. That’s why we offer pet insurance to our team members.
● Flexible work environment, because we know things just come up sometimes.
● And so much more! Our Talent Engagement Consultants can give you more info.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Now that you’ve got the goods on being a part of the Industry X.0 family, we just have one question: Are you ready to unleash your potential? If so, let’s chat. Go ahead and click the “apply” button. Tell us a bit about yourself and one of our Talent Engagement Consultants will be in touch.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR.
● At least 5 years developing software solutions.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
LocationsMI - Ann Arbor,MI - Detroit
Jobs Near You
Junior Program/Project Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Security Global Quality & Risk Associate Manager
Performance, Risk & Quality
Google Cloud Platform Solution Architect
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.