- Oversee data strategy project teams with resources specializing in business analysis, technology architecture, data management, and information governance
- Work with client leadership to identify and set their objectives of the data strategy engagement, align on the scope and approach for meeting these objectives, and lead the execution of the engagement to meet these objectives
- Own the business relationship with client executives and key stakeholders during the engagement to ensure alignment and satisfaction with the project team
- Work with the Business and IT stakeholders to understand their vision and challenges
- Understand and document current state pain points including limitations caused by existing data assets, operating model, or technology stack
- Identify and detail business ‘use cases’, or ways that stakeholders would like to drive business value (e.g. increase revenue, decrease expenses, increase efficiency) through data and analytics
- Work with technical resources to aggregate use cases into business consumption patterns detailing the data and technology designs that would support the execution of multiple use cases
- Ensure alignment between the client’s business needs of the future state with the architecture, operating model and governance recommendations delivered by the project team
- Synthesize the business desires of the future state with the supporting data and technology recommendations into a vision of the future state that client executives, department heads, business and technical resources can all understand and align around
- Lead the development of an execution roadmap that details a strategic journey from the current state to realization of the future state vision with incremental release of technical and operational features and business value
- Lead the analysis of a business case for execution against the strategy, including the collection of business case inputs (costs, value drivers) as well as the calculation of return on investment
- Present data strategy to clients, gain buy in, and grow strategic relationships
- Be a business data strategy subject matter expert and principle data evangelist across planning efforts that involve the realization of business value
- Help building a team by mentoring junior practitioners as they build complex strategy and solutions
- Provide specialized expertise, cross-industry perspective, and thought leadership in the business value / business case of Big Data, Cloud, EIM and other Next Generation technology offerings
- Provide pre-sales support across clients
- 10+ years of experience in the strategy and build of data and analytics solutions
- 5+ years of experience in leading data strategy engagements involving the architecture of modern data platforms with technologies such as Big Data and Cloud
- 5+ years of management consulting experience
- 5+ years of project management, including developing and managing a technical team, project plan, and budget
- Experienced in performing business roles (e.g. Business Analysis, Project Management, Leadership) in the development of:
- Data Management solutions with capabilities, such as Data Ingestion, Data Curation, Metadata and Catalog, Data Security, Data Modeling, Data Wrangling
- Data Warehousing / BI / Reporting solutions that generate business value using platforms and technologies such as Hadoop, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- Data Science, AI / ML, Advanced Analytic solutions that meet business problems
- Experienced in developing business case / TCO (total cost of ownership) in support of future state recommendations
- Capability-level understanding of modern data ingestion/curation/wrangling tools/technologies such as Informatica suite (BDM, EDC, BDQ, PowerExchange, PowerCenter, etc.), Talend suite, Alteryx, Streamsets, Attunity, BI tools such as Tableau / Qlikview
- Strong ability to translate concepts around data lifecycle management solutions including Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Marts, ODS, ELT and ETL, Stream/real-time/Batch processing, CDC, etc. to various audiences, both business and technical
- Strong communication, presentation, written and facilitation skills
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface with client at any level, executive to engineer
- Competent in leveraging Microsoft Office tools, specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to travel 100% (Mon-Thu)
- Bachelors Degree or 12 years of professional experience
- Industry knowledge in Life Sciences, Financial Services, Healthcare or Oil and Gas
- Experience in data governance and operating model
LocationsCA - El Segundo,CA - San Francisco,CA - San Jose,DC,DC - Washington,FL - Miami,FL - Tampa,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NC - Charlotte,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,OH - Cincinnati,OH - Cleveland,OH - Columbus,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Austin,TX - Dallas,TX - Houston,WA - Seattle
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Jobs Near You
Public Sector Management Consultant - Pennsylvania
Posted 1 day ago
USA IL - Chicago
SAP Finance/Fixed Asset Consulting Associate Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
USA VA - Arlington
Application Development Manager (Multiple Positions)
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.