Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
AFS is seeking ServiceNow Architects who are passionate, hands-on experts with the ServiceNow Platform. You enjoy working closely with executives, program and product managers, and analysts to design and architect ServiceNow solution implementations, including the appropriate ServiceNow product and integrations. You will play various roles from prototyping to proposal technical support to implementation.
The Architect possesses these personality traits necessary to succeed:
1. Tenacity: Takes the initiative, actively, to solve problems themselves without help and with a high degree of success. The candidate is someone that will not wait for work to be assigned to them, rather will find and solve problems on their own and seeks out ways to make the client’s systems more efficient, more user-friendly, and more secure.
2. Credibility: Should do their homework and know what they are talking about at all times. The candidate should seek out knowledge about the assigned systems actively and be able to read/understand documentation and historical knowledge bases to draw their own expert understanding of the systems in order to be a trusted advisor to the client.
3. Consistency: The candidate is present at all meetings, is prepared for them and is active in them. The candidate is available during the client’s working hours on a consistent and reliable basis. The candidate responds to calls, instant messages, and electronic mails immediately and has a base instinct about perception management with regard to client interaction and with management.
- Serves as the primary leader, accountable for completion of team delivery efforts including quality assurance activities and client acceptance
Ensures client value is being delivered by understanding client needs, team skills, and cost implications
Fosters and promotes innovative thinking across the client environment
Works with back office teams (e.g., contracts, recruiting, finance and HR) to ensure effectively and timely actions are taken on a variety of internal and external requirements
Drives capture and business development efforts, creates downstream opportunities, and maintains relationships and a network to engage with clients and/or industry on future opportunities
Builds and maintains client relationships, serving as the leader in developing a strategic vision for clients and internal teams
Builds trust with client executives and internal teams
Handles challenging client situations and offer guidance & direction to client executives
Establishes and presents a seamless AFS face to client through effective coordination with colleagues inside and outside of the projects
Provide intellectual capital and thought leadership and contributes to AFS reputation in the external marketplace
Manages staff to create opportunities and monitor professional development Assists in / escalates reducing roadblocks for employees so they can focus on doing what is right for the client Mentors team, helping them to develop skills and capabilities in support of their professional growth
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of industry experience as a ServiceNow developer or architect
- ServiceNow Administrator and Developer certifications (current) are required
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- ServiceNow Technical Architect certification is preferred
- Provide superior group/team facilitation skills
- Ability to enter client environment and provide recommendations after assessing the requirements and the current state
- Demonstrated experience managing the expectations of high profile clients and building a reputation of trust
- Possess strong oral and written communication, presentation skills, project management, and mentoring skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Web Developer
Posted 2 days ago
USA CA - San Jose
Business Process Delivery
Posted 2 days ago
USA CA - Sacramento
Data Engineer Consultant (Sacramento & Los Angeles)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.