- Lead the development and implementation of regional government relations strategies that advance business and corporate objectives in the West region of the United States
- Lead the inclusion of community engagement and corporate citizenship initiatives in the West region as part of political outreach and engagement
- Facilitate and advance West region leadership engagement in the public arena, driving relationship development with leading state and local policymakers, as well as other senior government officials, trade associations, and think tanks in the region
- Build deep relationships with state and local government and elected officials, industry trade associations, stakeholder organizations, think tanks, alliance partners and industry representatives in the region
- Represent the company’s interests, and manage outside consultants’ engagement and advocacy before state legislatures, local governments, key state and local government officials, regulators, stakeholder organizations, trade associations, and think tanks in the region
- Lead the development and implementation of a West region political engagement strategy
- Work collaboratively with our West region business and Marketing/Communications teams to identify and create impactful policy positioning opportunities at the intersection of government and business
- Work with Legal and Marketing/Communications teams to monitor, analyze, and report on key issues impacting the company and our offerings, managing reputational and enterprise risk to the company
- Leverage appropriate external resources, including trade associations, consultants, stakeholder organizations, and think tanks, for advocacy and other initiatives to advance priorities and objectives
- Work collaboratively with North American and global government relations teams to identify and create opportunities that advance shared priorities and objectives
- Track, analyze, report and engage as necessary on impactful key state and local legislative measures and regulatory policies
- Monitor the regional political environment, including key state and local political campaigns, ballot initiatives and bond measures
Travel within the West region required along with occasional national travel for relevant conferences
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years of Government Relations (Legislative, Regulatory, Policy and Corporate) experience
- Deep understanding of state and local legislative organizations and processes, as well as policies and policymakers of interest and importance to the company
- Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to translate regional business goals into results through the development and execution of an effective advocacy strategy, and a robust political relationship development program
- Ability to leverage internal staff, subject matter experts and external consultants to advance strategies and objectives
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences
- Strong writing and legislative/policy analysis skills
- Reputation for having the highest ethical standards and integrity
- Understanding of business offerings of operating groups and service lines as well as company’s client
- Proven ability to organize, manage and deliver on metrics of major projects on a deadline and within a budget
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple complex projects and issues on the legislative and regulatory fronts
- Proven ability to work with senior company executives, colleagues, elected officials, policymakers, regulatory officials, and industry contacts
- Proven ability to lead and manage others to advance overall government relations objectives of the office and the company
- Strong team building and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Jose
Bilingual -Content Moderation Associate
Business Process Delivery
USA AL - Huntsville
Federal - SAP Functional Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Middleware & Integration Architecture Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.