Locations: Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, New York, Florham Park (New Jersey)
Accenture Consulting: Your Unique Place in our Global Collective
Being part of Accenture Consulting means becoming an expert at making the New happen Now. To us, the New is all about the wise pivot that turns constant disruption to continuous reinvention. We are an innovation led-company that works at the heart of our clients’ organizations so that no matter how complex the business challenge, we face the future with confidence.
If you love solving challenges and not just studying them, then Accenture Consulting is the right place for you. Join us to develop your ideas into provocative points of view and transformative insights that help shape industries. You’ll work with an amazing and diverse mix of world-class experts with access to one of the most robust portfolios of capabilities and ecosystem relationships in the industry. Together, you’ll do so much more than consult.
Coming here means future-proofing your career and going as far as your ambition takes you. Becoming a tech-savvy, well-rounded, multi-disciplined and market-relevant advisor doesn’t happen by chance. We invest in training and development in a big way, so you can build your future along with ours, creating an impactful career unique to you. Ultimately, we believe we is greater than me and that diverse perspectives lead to the best solutions. Joining Accenture Consulting means you will learn, innovate and lead, and together we will improve the way the world works and lives.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or to create new markets. They progress through required promotion points in market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales and revenue.
This position is for a Client & Market career track within Accenture’s global Accelerated R&D Services (ARDS) Technology Consulting (TC) Consulting Practice. Our R&D business provides innovative solutions that help pharmaceutical companies focus on the science of getting new products to patients faster - across research, clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, medical affairs and patient services. We help our clients with their priorities:
- Focusing on patient engagement throughout development
- Advancing the next generation of R&D operating models resulting in better collaboration
- Driving scientific and operational excellence and enabling efficient information analysis
- Harnessing the digital R&D revolution, using real world data to address customer needs
ARDS is a global industry business service and spans all five of Accenture’s businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients.
R&D Technology Consulting professionals work closely with our clients to design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance, which requires our people to understand how business, technology and operations intersect. Our deep understanding of our clients’ industry and our global perspective on progressive business ideas and emerging technologies enables us to drive and deliver transformational change.
In your new role, you will provide proprietary software assets and industry best practices to deliver best-in-class R&D services to our clients as well as help them to develop business process innovations. With a focus on technology consulting, you will play a key role in helping clients become high-performance R&D organizations by applying industry best practices across all aspects of research and development. This includes all domain areas (research, clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, medical affairs, and patient services), processes and technologies used in the discovery and development of pharmaceuticals and medical products. Example projects include designing and implementing technologies used to discover and develop compounds and devices (reporting and analytical tools, EDC, CTMS, eTMF, RIM, etc.), post-merger organizational and technology rationalization, and R&D operating model design and optimization.
Professionals at the Consultant level have responsibility for the following activities:
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Primary upward interaction at this level typically occurs with the direct supervisor. Additional interaction will occur with peers, management levels at a client, and within Accenture.
Professionals at the Manager level have responsibility for the following activities:
- Managing an R&D technology consulting project including responsibility for the day to day management of all activities, often including those of clients and vendors. These responsibilities include schedule / timelines, issues and risks, scope and budget.
- Taking accountability for delivery of a solution to our clients, and act as the day-to-day lead on a project for all parties.
- Additional responsibilities will include developing Accenture Consultants and Analysts, identifying and developing business opportunities, helping manage client relationships and accounts, and contributing to the development of Accenture's Accelerated R&D Services’ Technology Consulting practice by taking on a practice development role.
Consultant and Manager Level
- Typically we work at client sites. Depending on your location and specific project responsibilities, this position may require up to 75% travel (Monday – Thursday).
- 2+ years (Consultants) / 4+ years (Managers) of consulting experience in an IT/systems development environment
- 2+ years (Consultants) / 4+ years (Managers) of experience with R&D applications in an implementation or support capacity; such as Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Clinical Supply Chain, EDC, CTMS, Data Management, IV/WRS, Data Warehousing, Medical Information and Complaint systems or processes. Demonstrated ability to apply relevant skills and experience to troubleshooting day to day issues and to implement modifications to the configuration of the system.
- Bachelor’s degree
Manager Level – Additional Basic Qualifications
- 4+ years of proven experience managing a team of multiple direct reports, clients and vendors using your exceptional team building, mentoring, people development and management skills
- Experience working with Life Sciences R&D executives applying excellent client-facing communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships with the ability to identify and articulate the value of new business
- Experience owning a defined portion of a consulting project and a demonstrated ability to manage issues and risks, with an understanding of appropriate and timely escalation.
- Prior supervisory and people development experience
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, applying research and analysis skills as well as diagnosis skills
- Proven success contributing to a team-oriented environment as well as demonstrated leadership and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Manager Level: Excellent leadership and management skills. Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Understanding of key Pharmaceutical R&D processes and technologies. Familiarity with industry-standards such as CFR 21 Part 11, GxP and validated systems lifecycles.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, specifically in a validated environment.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional R&D skills and expertise with industry-specific training. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provides an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
LocationsIL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
Data Architect Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Corporate Citizenship Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Google Data Engineer
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.