Locations: Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, New York, Florham Park, New Jersey
Accenture Consulting: Your Unique Place in our Global Collective
Being part of Accenture Consulting means becoming an expert at making the New happen Now. To us, the New is all about the wise pivot that turns constant disruption to continuous reinvention. We are an innovation led-company that works at the heart of our clients’ organizations so that no matter how complex the business challenge, we face the future with confidence.
If you love solving challenges and not just studying them, then Accenture Consulting is the right place for you. Join us to develop your ideas into provocative points of view and transformative insights that help shape industries. You’ll work with an amazing and diverse mix of world-class experts with access to one of the most robust portfolios of capabilities and ecosystem relationships in the industry. Together, you’ll do so much more than consult.
Coming here means future-proofing your career and going as far as your ambition takes you. Becoming a tech-savvy, well-rounded, multi-disciplined and market-relevant advisor doesn’t happen by chance. We invest in training and development in a big way, so you can build your future along with ours, creating an impactful career unique to you. Ultimately, we believe we is greater than me and that diverse perspectives lead to the best solutions. Joining Accenture Consulting means you will learn, innovate and lead, and together we will improve the way the world works and lives.
- Focusing on patient engagement throughout development
- Advancing the next generation of R&D operating models resulting in better collaboration
- Driving scientific and operational excellence and enabling efficient information analysis
- Harnessing the digital R&D revolution, using real world data to address customer needs
ARDS is a global industry business service and spans all five of Accenture’s businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients.
- Providing R&D functional knowledge
- Determining methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance, adapting existing methodologies to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Conducting industry and client research and analysis to identify industry trends and opportunities for improvement
- Supporting design, development and implementation of business operating models, including vision and strategy, business processes, organizational and governance structures, supporting tools and templates, and performance metrics
- Participating in change management activities, developing communications, training and job aids to support capability implementation
- Understanding the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals and translating this direction into individual work efforts aligned with that strategic direction
- Using considerable judgment to determine solutions to day-to-day challenges and seeking guidance on complex problems
- Managing small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
- Contributing to the growth of the R&D Consulting Practice by assisting with new business proposals and presentations, recruiting activities, and informal coaching and mentoring to analysts
- Primary upward interaction at this level typically occurs with the direct supervisor. Additional interaction will occur with peers, management levels at a client, and within Accenture
Professionals at the Manager level have responsibility for the following activities:
- Managing an R&D management consulting project including responsibility for the day to day management of all activities, often including those of clients and vendors. These responsibilities include schedule / timelines, issues and risks, scope and budget
- Taking accountability for delivery of a solution to our clients, and act as the day-to-day lead on a project for all parties
- Additional responsibilities will include developing Accenture Consultants and Analysts, identifying and developing business opportunities, helping manage client relationships and accounts, and contributing to the development of Accenture's Applied R&D Services’ Management Consulting practice by taking on a practice development role
Typically we work at client sites. Depending on your location and specific project responsibilities, this position may require up to 75% travel (Monday – Thursday).
- 2+ years (Consultant) / 4+ years (Manager) of consulting experience with an emphasis in management consulting
- 2+ years (Consultant) / 4+ years (Manager) of experience working in life sciences R&D industry (e.g., research, clinical development, pharmacovigilance, regulatory, medical affairs), or related areas (e.g., CROs), with demonstrated understanding of key pharmaceutical R&D processes and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree; science or engineering degree preferred
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, applying research and analysis skills as well as diagnosis skills
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven success contributing to a team-oriented environment as well as demonstrated leadership and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
Manager Level – Additional Preferred Skills
- Proven experience leading teams, clients and vendors using your exceptional team building, mentoring, people development and management skills
- Experience working with Life Sciences R&D executives applying excellent client-facing communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships with the ability to identify and articulate the value of new business
- Experience owning a defined portion of a consulting project and a demonstrated ability to manage issues and risks, with an understanding of appropriate and timely escalation.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional R&D skills and expertise with industry-specific training. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provides an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
LocationsIL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Jobs Near You
SAP SD/OTC Technology Consulting - Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Salesforce Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
USA PA - Berwyn
Associate Manager – Berwyn, PA
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.