- Developing the Marketing & Communications strategy and directing the planning and execution of all regional marketing activities designed to engage client and targets; candidates; employees; alumni and influencers.
- Building the profiles of our key leaders within the region by leveraging media relations opportunities as well as social media, digital, and face-to-face opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with industry and business marketing; media and analyst relations; talent brand and internal communications leads across all parts of Accenture within the Northeast region.
- Leading Marketing strategy/plans to support key relationships in the region, including universities (targeted for recruiting and/or partnerships); nonprofits; and other key civic and business organizations.
- Directing the design and execution of programs to help our leaders communicate and engage with our people.
- Member of the North America Marketing & Communications leadership team, contributing to and executing the overall North America geographic marketing strategy and liaising with the other Region Marketing & Communications leads to lead programs and to share best practices.
- Represent Marketing & Communications on the Region Leadership Council for the U.S. Northeast Region.
- Work with Region Managing Director – U.S. Northeast and Office Managing Directors to define key Marketing & Communications priorities across the region.
- Involvement in the hiring and training of all new Geographic Marketing & Communications professionals in the Northeast.
- Drive a sense of community for all Marketing & Communications professionals within the region.
- Work closely with the region media relations lead to drive all media relations and analyst relations programs in the region, including proactive media outreach, reactive media inquiries and crisis communications issues.
- Maximize the visibility of the Region Managing Director – U.S. Northeast and local office leaders with local tier one media and influential local media outlets including print, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Work with Government Relations team to facilitate the relationship building process with key governmental officials – governors, senate and house representatives, mayors, city council representatives, etc.
- Assess and capitalize on the business value of local/regional sponsorship, speaking and event opportunities to position Accenture as a business leader in the Northeast region markets.
- Orchestrates/maintains the Accenture 360° view of strategic partnerships and alliances with universities, key relationships and non-profits in region.
- Oversee local image plans for each key Northeast city to build Accenture’s reputation and differentiate Accenture in the market.
- Ensure local image programs support the strategic priorities of Accenture (as guided locally by the Region Managing Director – U.S. Northeast, Region Leadership Council, and the Marketing & Communications leadership team).
- Collaborate with the industry and business marketing teams to drive strong marketing programs focused primarily on events across our clients, G2000 and other targets—ensuring program objectives are integrated with geographic, industry, Accenture business and corporate marketing objectives.
- Oversee the design and execution of effective, targeted relationship development efforts that bring our leaders together with senior client executives (from large events to individualized one-on-one opportunities).
- Build/sustain relationships with key local business associations and non-profit organizations to help our local leaders secure board positions and committee memberships that will weave our leaders (and Accenture) into the fabric of the community.
- Support recruitment marketing efforts across the region in line with the recruitment marketing team and recruitment goals of the full portfolio of the business.
- Ensure recruitment marketing programs are innovative and cut through the cloud of our competitors operating in the region.
- Attract the best talent and achieve recruitment business goals.
- Develop differentiated position for Accenture at key college campuses in the region.
- Develop local internal communications strategy and design programs aligned with that strategy to optimize the employee experience and develop an environment of a great place to work.
- Advise on an internal communications approach to contribute to the engagement and retention of our best talent, aligning these programs with the communication goals of the overall company strategy.
- Be accountable for the delivery of differentiated and disruptive marketing programs for Accenture in the Northeast region.
- Optimize marketing spend by directing investment to the most impactful Marketing & Communications programs.
- Seek and assess input from the regional and local leadership teams on local image strategy and programs.
- Ensure all local image programs within the region are appropriately resourced and executed.
- Reports to: Senior Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – North America. Takes input from Region Managing Director – U.S. Northeast and Northeast Region Leadership Council.
- Directly Supervises: All regional geographic Marketing & Communications professionals.
- Collaborates with: Operating Group/Industry Marketing teams, Business Marketing teams, Brand team, Corporate Communications team and Marketing and Communication Delivery Excellence group.
- External Relationships: Third party vendors, suppliers, agencies and media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in marketing, and/or marketing communications roles
- Currently located in New York area
- Experience using digital and social marketing to amplify traditional marketing efforts
- Understanding of new digital business trends, environment and players
- Professional services marketing experience preferred
- Deep expertise and skills in strategic Marketing & Communications, especially in area of specialization or crossing several functional/technical areas
- Expert in integrated marketing concepts, branding and message development
- Excellent working experience in all aspects of Marketing & Communications, especially media and analyst relations, advertising, internet marketing, internal communications, collateral production, credential development and recruitment marketing
- Strong global perspective
- Experience in services and/or business to business marketing
- Broad understanding of business marketplace and relationships with experts in area of specialization outside Accenture
- Expert project management skills
- Expert budget management and financial reporting skills, including budgets with multiple vendors and deliverables
- Proven leadership skills—team building, supervision, mentoring and managing of diverse and virtual teams to drive integration
- Strong and deep overall business acumen and good knowledge of Accenture’s area of business and overall business strategy
- Able to influence highest levels of leadership within Accenture’s large, matrixed organization through relationship building and strong executive-level presence
- Ability to develop and apply creative and ingenious solutions to complex issues
- Superior oral and written communications skills and presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with other areas within Marketing & Communications and other areas within Accenture
- Passion for well-executed deliverables in support of Accenture business strategy
- Superior negotiation, mediation and conflict management skills to resolve complex, high-risk, high-impact issues
- Thrive on working in intense, deliverable-driven and deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA IL - Chicago
Test Architecture Engineering Manager (Multiple Positions)
Java Developer Team Lead
Workday Consulting Senior Manager - Northeast
Business & Technology Integration