- Work with all Accenture Security Compliance programs and teams and DIO leadership ensuring Digitals security posture meets and when possible exceeds Accenture’s policies and standards.
- Implement configuration changes to Windows and Unix server based operating systems to address deviations from standard configurations as identified by our Server Configuration Compliance (SCC) program.
- Coordinate with application owners to remediate application vulnerabilities identified by Accenture Security Operations Center.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to clients and other Digital groups in remediating security vulnerabilities on systems not managed by DIO.
- Deploy patches and upgrades to Windows and Unix based operating systems and applications to remediate internal security vulnerabilities identified by our Internal Vulnerability Scanning (IS) program.
- Respond to security breaches identified by our IPS solution and Security Event Incident Management (SEIM) program.
- Coordinate configuration changes to network infrastructure to address deviations from standard configuration as identified by our Network Configuration Management (NCM) program.
- Work with the DIO hosting and acquisitions teams to design and implement secure solutions offered to our clients.
- Work with groups internal and external to DIO to develop and implement automation to support continuous security compliance.
- Develop and leverage security knowledge to provide detective, responsive, and preventative security controls.
- Respond to security breaches by working with our ASOC and CIRT teams to identify to scope of the breach, mitigate and implement corrective actions as recommended by the CIRT team.
- Act as an escalation point for security related incidents and service requests through the DIO Service Management system.
- Provide technical documentation for security related processes and procedures as defined by the DIO Security Operations Lead.
- Act as an escalation point for other infrastructure related incident and service requests through the DIO Service Management System.
- Provision new Windows and Unix server-based instances.
- Monitor vendors’ release notes and plan necessary upgrades and patches as required.
- Assess/install/maintain third-party tools.
- Make proactive suggestions for service improvements and demonstrate commitment to Service Excellence
- Coordinate planned and unplanned outages with vendors and customers.
- Provide Outage Resolution Support for both server and network related issues. This includes investigation of outage cause, impact on user, and resolution.
- Provide operational support, ensuring systems and devices are online and available which may include 24x7 on-call support
- Perform major upgrades of systems and associated products.
- Create, track, and manage service orders with managed services vendor.
- Manage research and development efforts and special projects such as product suites, third party applications, upgrades, and modifications to the environment.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience in a primarily security focused role.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience with at least one vulnerability scanning solution (such as Qualys, Nessus, Tenable, or Nexpose
)and working with server and application owners to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience with writing procedure and troubleshooting documentation to assist operations teams in support efforts.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience supporting, patching, and troubleshooting Windows Server based operating systems, preferably using tooling such as Microsoft System Center (SCCM).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Directory Services (Active Directory) to support Identity and Access Management and compliance related activities on Windows Server based operating systems.
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting a variety of security agents (Qualys, Tanium, SEP, SIEM, FireEye, McAfee).
- Experiencing securing internally and externally facing web applications.
- Experience implementing encryption technologies to support secure computing and data storage.
- Maintain at least 1 security certification (CISSP, SANS, GIAC, CEH, CISM, Security+).
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Terraform to support compliance related activities on Unix server based operating systems.
- Experience with merger and acquisitions integration.
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions in public and hybrid cloud environments (AWS, Azure and Google).
- Experience securing traditional IaaS, PaaS and managed private cloud technologies.
- Experience with network security technologies (Firewall, IPS, IDS, WAF, NSX, Cisco).
- Experience implementing and maintaining Vulnerability Scanners (Qualys, Tenable, Nessus, FireEye).
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work as part of a large distributed team.
- Driven to excel in a remote work environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- GDPR Compliance/ PCI Compliance/ HIPPA Compliance experience
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.