Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture Interactive, we’re able to do work that changes the world and Fjord is always looking for kindred spirits. Digital is no longer the centerpiece of brand experience; the emphasis is shifting onto how best to use it as an invisible enabler of physical and sensory experiences. As interactions with users evolve from periodic engagements via a screen to consistent, connected experiences, organizations must create new services that are deeply integrated in the physical world.
We are a family of Fjordians, our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do
At Fjord, Service & Interaction Design are at the heart of our design process. Our Service & Interaction Designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
The Interaction Design Lead owns Interaction Design as a discipline on projects and accounts and contributes to the practice at the studio level, and sharing responsibility for the Interaction Design team across all studio accounts. On projects, you’ll support and provide oversight on all aspects of Interaction Design, and lead Interaction Design efforts on our most ambitious work. Create systems and frameworks to organize information and help users understand how solution or service will work and behave over time. Employ user centered design processes, conduct ethnographic research and usability testing to identify user needs. Integrate and address user needs and balance them against business, brand and technical goals and needs. Communicate solutions, usually in the form of models, wireframes, documentation, or prototypes across platforms.This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
Unleash the Fjordian inside because you are…
- Naturally engaging people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers, working with fellow team members, clients and channeling the inner creative
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business creating service at scale
- Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical and digital through research, analytics, design and delivery
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Lead Interaction Design activities and research-based design practice at a project level.
- Manage relationships with partners and clients with respect to these activities.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions with team eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction
- Assess performance and provide career guidance for those in your project and line management team.
- Help to evolve the Interaction Design practice, pulling in state of the art methods from external and internal expertise.
- Frame design solutions and explain thinking and rationale in a compelling way. Lead the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale.
- Publish articles, books, and other media on behalf of Fjord.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
SAP SuccessFactors Consultant - Midwest
Business & Technology Integration
SAP Ariba Technology Consulting Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Salesforce Senior Developer (vLocity) - Accenture Technology