Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
The Civilian Health Solution Strategist will develop strategies regarding IT priorities and offerings, including shaping technical strategies and architectures tailored for our civilian health clients. The individual will drive conversations with senior client leadership including policymakers, representing points of view and strategies on solutions relevant to our Civilian Health clients including, but not limited to, AI/ML, cloud, data science, analytics platforms, EHRs, grants management, and laboratory systems. The individual will be fully focused on federal civilian health efforts, reporting to the Civilian Health Sector Lead or Sales & Growth lead, as appropriate.
The Civilian Health Solution Strategist should have an in-depth understanding of health industry challenges (e.g. scientific data management, interoperability, clinician burden), the landscape of technologies that can help address them, and be able to formulate a point of view that we can bring to senior level clients.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
Develop points of view regarding health IT, specifically from the perspective of what actions civilian health agencies can take to increase the success of IT efforts and how AFS can support those efforts. This can initially include points of view on interoperability, effective use of EHRs, electronic lab notebooks, and other technologies needed for health care delivery, payments, and research
Identify ways in which emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning, predictive analytics, can be applied at federal civilian health agencies.
This will include exploring emerging technologies and related Accenture offerings and pilot opportunities, correlating to civilian health use cases and leading related conversations with relevant clients.
Educate AFS clients on how emerging technologies are being used by the health care industry, and shape related opportunities with federal clients.
Address privacy and security needs relevant to health data and explore how they can be addressed by proposed technologies.
Work with federal civilian health clients on identifying short- and long-term goals to improve interoperability
Apply knowledge from health care industry experiences to articulate challenges and solutions to federal clients.
- Follow relevant legislative and regulatory actions impacting civilian health clients and programs and identify leads where AFS can support Guide clients on decisions regarding IT acquisitions or approaches needed to support health IT goals
- Increase visibility of AFS expertise by actively participating in external health IT workgroups
Collaborate with counterparts from Accenture LLP including Provider, Payer, Life Sciences practices and ASIS
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Experience and skills in the following domains: Solution Development (Technical, Management Consulting, etc.) in support of Sales or Program Development strategies within the Health IT space (either for Commercial or Public Sector companies/clients)
- Strong Written Communications in the form of white papers, proposal responses and client-facing presentations
- Strong oral communications skills in the form of in-person and virtual presentations to internal groups and clients
- Technical and Analytical experience in problem identification and solution design
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with the below topics is preferred:
- Complexities and challenges impacting health IT interoperability, and the role civilian health agencies
- Health IT standards FHIR and its impact on the health care industry
- The complexity of health care data and the varieties of health IT systems used in health care delivery, laboratory or other research settings
- How various policy levers could impact interoperability
- Experience working either in a clinical setting or with federal or state health agencies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.