Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
- Deliver and execute global/local media strategies to support Accenture’s business in key markets
- Work with M&C and business colleagues to lead timely responses to media requests
- Support and advise business leadership within a highly matrixed organization on media relations strategy and messages related to our technology and business process services positioning
- Align Technology and Operations media activities with the company’s global brand and with the relevant marketing teams’ approach to collaboration and execution excellence
- Leverage content and thought leadership produced by the marketing teams and Accenture Research to reinforce Accenture’s leadership position in Technology and Operations
- Work with major alliance partners in the Accenture ecosystem on joint activities, announcements and events to raise our brand profile in Tier One and top industry trade media
- Effectively negotiate and build consensus to resolve complex challenges across teams both within Accenture and in outside alliances and clients
- Provide media training support for our spokespeople as necessary
- Drive creative and proactive media programs with our PR agency
- Travel nationally and internationally as required
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company
- Access to leading-edge technology
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive 401K program. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits here.
- Bachelor's degree or other four-year university degree
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in media relations/corporate communications (corporate or agency experience preferred)
- Minimum of 12 years' experience analyzing, disseminating and communication complex information and developing clear "media-ready" messages
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in B2B technology industry
- Minimum of 15 years of media relations experience
- Proven ability to quickly and concisely draft a wide range of clear, concise and high-quality media materials including news releases, media Q&As, media pitch letters, bylined articles, op-eds, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of media relations process in general and Accenture’s media relations policies, including public disclosure requirements and restrictions
- Social media (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+) familiarity and skills required
- Broad understanding and skills in strategic marketing and communications, especially in area of specialization or crossing more than one functional/technical area
- Ability to interact and work closely with media contacts representing clients, alliance partners, third-party organizations, vendors, and others
- Broad knowledge of key issues and trends in and affecting the technology and business process outsourcing industries
- Broad overall business acumen and knowledge of Accenture’s areas of business
- Strong project management, budget management and financial reporting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture’s business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations
- Strong negotiation and conflict-management skills to resolve complex or disputed issues
- Ability to influence the highest levels of leadership within Accenture’s large, matrixed organization through relationship-building and strong executive-level presence
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Superior writing capabilities are essential
- Strong teaming skills—ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with Marketing & Communications colleagues across other business areas, operating groups, geographies, capabilities groups, Corporate Communications
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
LocationsCA - San Francisco,NY - New York
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Data Science Consultant
Financial Services - Customer Insight & Growth - Consultant - West
Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud Platform Developer - Digital Delivery (Midwest)
Business & Technology Integration