Great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
At Fjord, Business Design is integral to the design process. The strategists, pragmatists, and creative thinkers on our Business Design team establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level. As a Business Design Lead, you will be responsible for shaping and defining business design activities throughout engagements at the project level. You’ll manage others, establish the flow, estimate the levels of effort, and facilitate knowledge sharing. Design is the problem-solving paradigm of our age, and Business Design is our way of shaping and influencing the world.
As a team, we:
- Solve and reframe business problems using a design mindset.
- Help our clients build their future, from measurement and KPI modeling through to organizational impact and strategic roadmapping.
- Translate between several languages at once (operational, technical, financial, to name but three) to find the best path to achieve the greatest impact.
As a Business Design Lead, you:
- Establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level.
- Lead business design activities, including client workshops, stakeholder interviews, business intelligence gathering, creative brainstorms, visioning, and KPI development, current and future state artifact development. Manage business design relationships with partners and clients, owning one client relationship at a time.
- Assume responsibility for the overall business point of view and guide others in the process of research and synthesis.
- Guide the project and act as a liaison with Accenture Federal Service counterparts and federal clients to ensure all business needs and expectations are being met.
- Produce business design deliverables at the project and account level, and provide business design coaching to the wider design team in project and business development contexts, overseeing the work of the team.
- Build the business through cultivating key client relationships and selling in related work.
- Participate and contribute to external and internal design communities as a Fjordian.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
- 8 years of consultancy or agency experience; 5 years of strategy experience; 2 years of leadership or managerial experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or related field
- Willingness to travel ~20% of the time
- Experience with Excel and/or other analysis tools, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Adobe Creative Suite for presentation purposes
- Familiarity with InVision, Sketch, or other prototyping methods
- Ability to learn how to use new tools in real time
- History of tackling and solving complex business challenges; a strong personal mission to help find truths and challenge orthodoxies
- Growing mastery of the Business Design landscape, including but not limited to design intelligence, measurement, KPIs, organizational change, venturing, design storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, business/investment case generation, and product management
- Deep understanding of Service Design and User Experience Design and how to solve strategic challenges from a Human- Centered Design perspective
- Prior experience using agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA IL - Chicago
Test Architecture Engineering Manager (Multiple Positions)
Java Developer Team Lead
Workday Consulting Senior Manager - Northeast
Business & Technology Integration