Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Accenture Federal Services is seeking a Senior System Administrator to help manage an Azure cloud environment, including hundreds of virtual resources for applications in development and production. You will design solutions to improve performance and security for the client’s IaaS cloud environment and manage and perform deployments of applications and operating system updates for Windows & Linux. You will utilize and maintain DevOps pipeline, including Jenkins, Chef, Nexus, Git components. Troubleshooting and resolving issues reported via Service Desk systems and automated monitoring is required. You will manage team workload and balance competing priorities. Our Administrator will be expected to work closely with our client, to ensure satisfaction; Navigating complexities of the relationships and dynamics with multiple other teams to get things done.
- Work on problems of diverse complexity and scope.
- Serve as a technical team lead providing direction on activities and facilitating information validation and team decision making process.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate a variety of technology areas including, server administration, technical security management, and performance management.
- Provide expertise in managing Operating Systems such as, Windows and Linux.
- Apply patch and security changes per policy and proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
- Ensure Configuration Management Database entries are complete and accurate.
- Provide expert level troubleshooting of Windows/Linux, networks, cloud, storage, application and firewalls. Quickly finding resolution and investigating root causes.
- Execute continuous service improvement and associated tasks in adherence with requirements, procedures and controls.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
- Provide broad computing experience focused on solving problems and resolving incident responses
- Responsible for coordinating service improvements involving internal support groups and managing any roadblocks
- Act as service quality champion to build awareness across the enterprise while leveraging ITIL best practices
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.