Job Location: TX - Houston
Regional Description: Southwest
Job Number: 00681125 00681125_en
Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture, we partner with forward-thinking business leaders, of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement business process services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you’d enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
Accenture is seeking a Procurement Sourcing Specialist to collaborate with external clients to develop sourcing strategies related to one of the following areas of Engineering, Equipment & Construction spend:
· Architectural & Engineering Services
· Construction Services & Materials
· Capital Equipment
Lead sourcing and procurement solutions designed to drive spend capture. Lead client selection criteria process, supplier selection process, contract negotiation and formal bidding process. Provide industry and supplier research, market intelligence and financial analyses to client. Support development of market insights from cross-client sourcing activity and collaborate with the Procurement Category function.
You will master project management skills and deepen category-specific knowledge to bring added value to sourcing projects and advance career development. This role will work collaboratively with cross-functional team members to deliver significant results.
· Work with Client Delivery to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with contractual / service level obligations
· Ensure that services are provided within assigned budgets and timelines; takes actions necessary to address any issues
· Provide input to Accenture best practices
· Monitor and provide guidance on procurement process for categories under management
· Capture and report key findings from procurement activities that can be used to gain efficiencies and or knowledge for similar engagements
· Support development of subcategory market insights materials or benchmarks
· Understand client’s business needs to develop optimal sourcing solution
· Lead and facilitate (with the client’s cross-functional team) the selection criteria for supplier selection and evaluations
· Design and develop relevant RFP documents for projects or make recommendations for incumbent negotiations
· Negotiate agreement with supplier and incorporate best practice metrics for agreements to aid the Category Management process in SRM activities;
· May be responsible for contracting negotiated agreement
· Develops and expands category knowledge in support of sourcing projects
o Architectural & Engineering Services – (i.e.) EPC(M), Architectural/Engineering Labor, Project Management, Value Engineering
o Construction Services & Materials – (i.e.) EPC(M), General Contractors, Trade Contractors, Construction Materials (concrete, steel, etc.), Union/non-union
o Capital Equipment – (i.e.) Production, Packaging, Process, Facilities, Construction/Mining Machinery, Material Handling
· Ability to travel 20-30% is required to support client projects or continuing education
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.