Accenture provides strategy, consulting, digital, technology, and operations services to more than 75% of the Fortune Global 500 companies. Our broad range of capabilities, client reach, and global scale provide an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Ventures serves as a vital bridge between our clients and the startup ecosystem. A part of Accenture Technology Innovation & Ecosystems, Accenture Ventures uses an Open Innovation (OI) and Strategic Minority Investment (SMI) approach to partner with and invest in the next wave of disruptive startups that address the most pressing challenges and opportunities faced by our clients today. Our multi-dimensional methodology includes 5 industry, 5 technology, and 15 geographic teams that ensure the ability to continuously harvest new ideas and capabilities.
Simply put, Accenture Ventures’ mission is to drive organic growth for Accenture by partnering with best-in-class enterprises startups and fostering a culture of innovation to become the innovation partner of choice for our clients.
Our team is deeply hands on, passionate, and prides itself on being lead-from-the-front technology thought leaders. If you want to largely draw diagrams and pontificate on adding yet another layer to an already bloated monolith, this probably isn’t the role for you. However, if you’re interested in solving some of the hardest problems in enterprise technology, while transforming and disrupting established industries with innovation solutions from the startup ecosystem, let’s talk.
U.S. Northeast Region Ventures Lead
We are looking to add to our Accenture Ventures team and global practice community a passionate innovator, technologist, and leader with an entrepreneurial mindset to lead Open Innovation programs in the U.S. Northeast region. You will work closely with the Global Program Lead, Industry and Technology Segment Leads, as well as the Client Innovation Services team in the region’s innovation hubs, to ensure clients are leveraging the next generation of startup partners to accelerate their digital transformation journey.
As Lead, you will foster a culture of innovation in the region by driving the engagement between local employees and the region’s startup ecosystem. You will be a catalyst for innovation and grow Accenture’s brand in the marketplace and region by driving and sponsoring local innovation programs and events.
This is a highly visible role, working with Accenture Leadership and other key senior managers. The role involves continuous engagement with the innovation ecosystem and internal Accenture teams. In addition, you will collaborate with industry, digital, technology, and other groups across Accenture to drive awareness, generate interest, and deliver impact for Accenture and its Global 2000 clients.
Regional Ventures Leads will have the following key responsibilities:
- Drive client impact and partner-related revenue growth by working with regional client account teams, as well as other internal teams to bring relevant, disruptive startup solutions to clients
- Create and maintain a regional client sales pipeline, originate and support client opportunities, and support Accenture Ventures industry and technology segment leads in growing our key partners’ business
- Build an internal network across key Accenture stakeholders to drive local employee engagement, expand awareness of an open innovation approach, and foster and inspire a culture of innovation
- Design, facilitate, and lead client innovation sessions at the region’s innovation hubs, ensuring that relevant messaging and startup solutions, from both the local and global ecosystem, are brought to the client
- Present our Accenture Ventures overview, our ecosystem approach, key industry and technology topics, and startup solution demos at client workshops and proposal pitches
- Identify local startups with enterprise-ready solutions and traction for Accenture Ventures industry and technology segments
- Identify and build programmatic partnerships with the region’s top VCs, accelerators, and other ecosystem players to support the local open innovation activities and strengthen Accenture’s brand
- Partner with the region’s leadership to identify marketing and sponsorship opportunities related to open innovation activities that promote Accenture’s brand and leading in the New