- Providing R&D functional knowledge
- Determining methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance, adapting existing methodologies to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
- Conducting industry and client research and analysis to identify industry trends and opportunities for improvement
- Supporting design, development and implementation of business operating models, including vision and strategy, business processes, organizational and governance structures, supporting tools and templates, and performance metrics
- Participating in change management activities, developing communications, training and job aids to support capability implementation
- Understanding the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals and translating this direction into individual work efforts aligned with that strategic direction
- Using considerable judgment to determine solutions to day-to-day challenges and seeking guidance on complex problems
- Managing small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
- Contributing to the growth of the R&D Consulting Practice by assisting with new business proposals and presentations, recruiting activities, and informal coaching and mentoring to analysts
- Primary upward interaction at this level typically occurs with the direct supervisor. Additional interaction will occur with peers, management levels at a client, and within Accenture.
- Managing an R&D management consulting project including responsibility for the day to day management of all activities, often including those of clients and vendors. These responsibilities include schedule / timelines, issues and risks, scope and budget.
- Taking accountability for delivery of a solution to our clients, and act as the day-to-day lead on a project for all parties.
- Additional responsibilities will include developing Accenture Consultants and Analysts, identifying and developing business opportunities, helping manage client relationships and accounts, and contributing to the development of Accenture's Applied R&D Services’ Management Consulting practice by taking on a practice development role.
- Typically we work at client sites. Depending on your location and specific project responsibilities, this position may require up to 75% travel (Monday – Thursday).
- 2+ years (Consultant) / 4+ years (Manager) of consulting experience with an emphasis in management consulting
- 2+ years (Consultant) / 4+ years (Manager) of experience working in life sciences R&D industry (e.g., research, clinical development, pharmacovigilance, regulatory, medical affairs), or related areas (e.g., CROs), with demonstrated understanding of key pharmaceutical R&D processes and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree; science or engineering degree preferred
- Proven experience leading teams, clients and vendors using your exceptional team building, mentoring, people development and management skills
- Experience working with Life Sciences R&D executives applying excellent client-facing communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships with the ability to identify and articulate the value of new business
- Experience owning a defined portion of a consulting project and a demonstrated ability to manage issues and risks, with an understanding of appropriate and timely escalation.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, applying research and analysis skills as well as diagnosis skills
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven success contributing to a team-oriented environment as well as demonstrated leadership and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
LocationsIL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NJ - Florham Park,NY - New York,PA - Philadelphia
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.