Job Location: IL - Chicago, MI - Detroit, MN - Minneapolis, WI - Milwaukee
Regional Description: Midwest
Job Number: 00670921 00670921_en
Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud Platform Developer - Connected Products/Accenture Digital Delivery Consultant
Location: Accenture Digital - Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, Milwaukee
Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud Platform Developer - Connected Products/Digital Delivery Consultant
• Understands and translates customer needs into business and technology solutions
• Implements and supports digital transformation, defines the customer digital journey and creates functional/technical designs
• Participates and contributes to teams involved in the design, development and deployment of digital solutions for clients
• Helps clients implement effective digital solutions
• Ensures technology and business solutions represent business requirements
YOUR ROLE: Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud Platform Developer - Connected Products/Digital Delivery Consultant
Your central role in the IoT ecosystem enables you to help clients manage the demands of fast-moving environments. With your knowledge of innovative on-the-go solutions, you’ll help them become IoT leaders by creating strategic, cross-company approaches that increase productivity, enhance collaboration and drive more transactions.
While there isn’t a typical day in our Digital Delivery practice, here are just a few of the things you’ll do as an Internet of Things Consultant
• Work directly with clients
• Hands on IoT development and configuration
• Contribute to project teams that could include both onshore and offshore people
• Contribute to IoT Solution development, architecture and infrastructure design, technology build and deployment activities on multiple platforms
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a Waterfall or Agile environment
• Demonstrated experience of implementing IoT architecture systems in various project scenarios
• Hands-on experience with IoT cloud or on-premise platform technologies including Core IoT Platform Functions including Data Ingest, Store & Exposure, Analytics and Visualization
• Minimum of 2 years of hands-on IoT experience
• Must have contributed significantly to at least one IoT / Connected Product project and be able to describe those contributions
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills on one or more of the following
• Requires an understanding of key IoT use cases and demonstrated experience defining associated value propositions.
• IoT development experience on at least one of the industry leading platforms (Azure IoT, AWS IoT, GE Predix, Siemens Mindsphere, PTC Thingworx, SAP Leonardo, GCP)
• Streaming data tools and techniques such as Apache Kafka, Azure Streaming Analytics, AWS Kinesis
• IoT protocols, gateways, queues, messaging hubs such as IoT Hub, MQTT, XMPP, CoAP, etc.
• Big Data platforms e.g. Cloudera, Hortonworks MapR
• Big Data Analytic frameworks and query tools such as: HDINsight, Spark, Storm, Hive, Impala
• Machine Learning (R, Scala, Python)
• Good understanding of SDLC and solution delivery methodologies
• Demonstrate skills needed to develop high-level architecture and designs in support of robust technology solutions taking into account user requirements, technical requirements, performance considerations, data architectures, etc.
• Able to lead technology architecture definition and infrastructure design activities for IoT solutions
• Experience creating technology architecture and infrastructure design activities
• Experience doing technology build, test and deployment activities
• Able to troubleshoot, diagnose and provide support to IoT solution development efforts
Professional Skill Requirements
• Proven ability to operate in a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
This position requires the willingness and ability to travel 100% of the time, Monday through Friday. Actual travel time is based upon geographical location and project assignment.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
• Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here—what’s stopping you from pursuing it?
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.