Job Location: DC, DC - Washington, VA - Arlington
Regional Description: Southeast
Job Number: 00667950 00667950_en
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA - Washington DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Key Responsibilities include:
The Data Visualization/BI Developer will support our Federal portfolio. This role involves supporting the full software development lifecycle, in designing and developing dashboards, reports, and visual products to discover insights and trends for our clients. Where possible, the developer will also aid in data ETL and engineering tasks in support of delivering analytics products. This team will be implementing best practices for data modeling and data visualization across multiple use cases in delivering actionable insights for the client.
• 1+ year experience working with end users to create mockups and design documents
• 2+ years of experience with major visualization tools including: Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView and/or QlikSense
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• Basic relational database theory knowledge
• Basic understanding of data modeling such as Kimball and Inman design approach
• Ability to query, load, and analyze data with the intent to identify patterns
• Experience writing SQL to query databases, structure and modify data
• Experience modeling data in either a database or visualization tool
• Understanding of Reporting Lifecycle including adoption, training, and change management
• An undergraduate degree in technology or business is preferred
• Data Technology experience to include Enterprise Data Management (for example, Data Modeling, Data Governance, Master Data Management, Meta Data Management, Data Architecture, or Data Warehouse, ETL)
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.