Job Location: TX - San Antonio
Regional Description: Southwest
Job Number: 00666262 00666262_en
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The System [Custom/Java] Development New Associate is involved in hands on in designing, coding, enhancing and testing of software applications to meet business process requirements. She/he applies functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications.
The System [Custom/Java] Development New Associate will primarily be skilled/trained in Java but must have the ability and desire to work across relevant Custom technologies. Technologies include (not extensive):
• Open Source Frameworks
• Content Management Systems
• Configuration Management
The responsibilities of the System [Custom/Java] Development Associate include:
• Creating Value for our Clients:
• Design and implementation of analyses that will identify requirements related to people, processes and technology
• Design and develop applications based on technical/functional design documents. Includes hands-on involvement in crafting, coding, testing of program modules
• Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional, and user interface)
• Assess and resolve non-standard/standard issues/problems largely on own initiative
• Maintenance, repair and performance tuning applications
• End user support activities
Demonstrating Business Operations Capability
• Manage own work product, schedules, and deliverables
• Assigned and accountable for specific areas or responsibility/deliverables
• Ability to identify, assess and provide resolution of complex issues and problems
• Makes decisions within the parameters set by manager, using job experience
• Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job.
• Participate in and support performance management and capability development and training.
• Prioritize and oversee activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards.
• Directly supervise or co-ordinate the work of others
• Coaches inexperienced team members and provides advice and suggestion to issues and problems.
• High School Diploma
• US Citizen – no dual Citizenship
• 6 months Java development experience utilizing web-based applications such as J2EE, JDK, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, and HTML
• Ability to contribute to higher performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realize value
• Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that facilitates high performance and motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Ability to complete task on set budgetary parameters and targets
• Validated ability to work independently and as a team member
• Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skill
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.