Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The System [Custom/Java] Development Analyst is involved hands on in designing, coding, enhancing and testing of software applications to meet business process requirements. This person applies functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Design and develop applications based on technical/functional design documents. Includes hands on involvement in designing, coding and testing of program modules
• Development of technical design documents (specifications) based on functional design documents (business requirements)
• Assess and resolve non-standard/standard issues/problems largely on own initiative
• Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and user interface)
• Maintenance, repair and performance tuning of applications
• Manage own work product, schedules and deliverables
• Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job experience
• Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job
The System [Custom/Java] Development Analyst has the ability and desire to work across relevant Custom technologies. Technologies include (not exhaustive):
• Open Source Frameworks
• Content Management Systems
• Configuration Management