Job Location: MD - Ft. Meade, VA - Springfield
Regional Description: Southeast
Job Number: 00665819 00665819_en
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Ft Belvoir, VA or Ft Meade, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Software Manager will be overseeing a high performing team providing software engineering services to a DoD customer driving innovation, maturity and support of Cyber mission applications.
Designs, develops, deploys, tests, and evaluates cyber systems and applications. Coordinates resolution of application issues, upgrades, and problems. Conducts application configuration and optimization.
Develops and maintains manuals, drawings, system specifications, electronic and hardcopy files of customer installations, calibration records, maintenance records, and quality control information. Mentors mid-level and junior staff.
• Provide SME level knowledge and expertise to drive forward innovative software solutions to complex customer problems
• Drive quality throughout the development lifecycle
• Coach and mentor mid-level and junior staff
• Determine team processes and procedures align with client requirements
• Application support for customer facing applications and features
• Document all application source code and functions, as required
• Provide troubleshooting and bug fixes and identify ways to optimize system performance
• Implement security and data protection on applications, as applicable.
• Support incident management systems through application releases; development, testing and maintenance
• Develop, maintain, and enhance cyber tools and software applications that improve tracking and facilitation of incident response
• Develop custom reporting to meet the needs of the customer operational security environment
• 10+ years of experience in software development/or engineering
• Expert designer, developer, deployer, tester, and evaluator of software applications
• Previous experience managing a software development/engineering team
• Has developed and maintained manuals, drawings, and/or system specifications
• High proficiency in multiple programming languages and knowledgeable in Agile development approaches
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or other related field; or 8+ years with a MA/MS or 16+ years without a degree
• Certs: DoD 8570 IAT Level II (i.e. GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or higher-level certification that meets the requirement) or willing to obtain prior to employment
Preferred skills and qualifications:
• Proficiency with Java, .Net or Python programming languages
• Experience working with open source application and tools
• Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.