Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing and Communication
Location: Boston, MA
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth. Accenture Corporate and Recruitment Marketing is now looking for a strong leader to support Global and North American programs.
The role of Location Marketing Lead is to design, develop and execute an integrated marketing and communications strategy and plan to help grow Accenture’s business in Boston, MA and Hartford, CT. To achieve this, the individual will be responsible for positioning Accenture as a leading local company while building consideration for our capabilities across target clients, recruits, and employees. The individual will also be responsible for helping Accenture build connections in and becoming part of the fabric of the local communities of Boston and Hartford, and positioning our executives as business leaders and experts in those communities among: G2000 company executives, the media, key government leaders, alliance partners, important local business networking associations and non-profits.
The individual will report to the Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – Northeast and take input from local business leadership and other local marketers. The position will be based in Boston but the Local Marketing Lead will support the marketing strategy, program development and execution for both Boston and Hartford. These activities are grouped into several key areas:
Working with Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – Northeast, Boston and Hartford Office Managing Directors and local leadership to create a Marketing & Communications strategy that will differentiate Accenture in the region.
Designing and executing all marketing activities in Boston and Hartford including client marketing, image development and relationship programs in alignment with the North America Marketing strategy and focus.
Building the profiles of our key leaders within the region by leveraging prime media relations opportunities as well as social media, digital, and face-to-face opportunities.
Working collaboratively with the industry and Accenture business Marketing & Communications leads across all parts of our of business within the Northeast region to drive strong client engagement and drive preference for Accenture.
Supporting local recruitment marketing activities—building the employer brand and supporting our hiring needs.
Directing the design and execution of programs to help our leadership communicate with our employees.
1) External Communications Program
Work closely with the regional media relations lead to drive all media relations programs in Boston and Harftord, including proactive media outreach, reactive media inquiries and crisis communications issues.
Build a strong digital and social media presence in the Boston and Hartford markets that amplify the visibility of Accenture in the market.
Facilitate the relationship building process with key governmental officials – governors, senate and house representatives, mayors, city council representatives, etc.
Assess and capitalize on the business value of local sponsorship, speaking and event opportunities to position Accenture as a business leader in the Boston and Hartford markets.
Collaborate with the Global Issues Management team, North America and Northeast media relations leads to counsel leadership on crisis communications.
2) Client Experience Program
- Build Accenture’s reputation and differentiate Accenture in the Boston and Hartford markets.
- Increase penetration of G2000 clients and targets by devising and executing disruptive Marketing & Communications strategies that help to expand our share of wallet with those companies.
- Ensure local image programs support the strategic priorities of Accenture (as guided locally by the Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – Northeast, Regional Managing Director, Regional Leadership Council, and the Marketing & Communications leadership team).
- Collaborate with the industry and Accenture business marketing teams to drive strong client programs across our targets clients—ensuring program objectives are integrated with geographic, industry, Accenture business and corporate marketing objectives.
3) Relationship Development Program
4) Employee Experience Program
- Orchestrate local internal communications strategy and design programs aligned with that strategy to optimize the employee experience and develop an environment of a great place to work.
- Advise on an internal communications approach to contribute to the engagement and retention of our best talents, aligning these programs with the communication goals of the overall company strategy.
Monitor and document progress against program delivery ROI and budget.
Measure and document results from programs.
Follow all marketing services processes, particularly with regards to time reporting.
Ensure the Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – Northeast is kept appraised of progress against budgets and time-lines, and escalate potential budget and time over-runs or under-runs.
Increase marketing effectiveness by improving coordination and leverage across geographies, operating groups and growth platforms; maximize the value of strong local presence; provide a better and more consistent client experience and maximize marketing dollar.
- Candidate must currently reside in Boston and be familiar with the business community and landscape of Boston and Hartford.