- Track a broad range of emerging technologies that are poised to transform the human-machine interface and become deep experts in some of these.
- Dive deeply into application areas that are relevant to Accenture and clients, to understand where the most critical challenges, and most promising opportunities lie.
- Envision, prototype, and pilot new solutions to these challenges by applying deep skills in HCI and related paradigms.
- Explore and define new research projects within the research group’s overall agenda.
- Build on ideas provided by stakeholders and managers to produce high quality deliverables.
- Execute projects through some combination of prototype development, empirical research and thought leadership.
- Participate in their research community by building relationships and serving as a domain expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations
- Pursue research projects agreed upon with R&D leadership, participating in both their conception and technical development.
- Supervise and mentor more junior researchers and research engineers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Build prototypes – bringing concepts to initial implementations – including design, development and testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients’ needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients’ environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
- Participate in projects as a representative within your area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to your area of expertise
- Contribute to both internal and external thought leadership, both more and less formal, targeted for various audiences.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
- Work confidently with internal networks and other thought leaders on key relevant issues.
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations to internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with teams in partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the technology community and establish external reputation as expert.
- PHD or equivalent experience conducting research / advanced R&D in an area relevant to human-computer interaction.
- 2+ years of experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to HCI or related areas.
- Experience with Extended and Mixed Reality, Human Machine & Robotics, Adaptive design, Wearables and IoT
- 2+ years of experience developing products or prototypes
- Knowledge of user-centered design methods
- Understanding of user experience research methodologies such as ethnographic research, usability testing, focus groups, etc.
- Ability to travel based on client needs (up to 25%)
- Proven ability to help define and execute against a project plan
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.