- Bachelor's degree or other four-year university degree
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in media relations/corporate communications
- Minimum of 10 years' experience analyzing, disseminating and communicating complex information and developing clear "media-ready" messages
- Global corporate or agency experience is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of media relations process in general and Accenture’s media relations policies, including public disclosure requirements and restrictions
- Social media (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+) familiarity and skills required
- Broad understanding and skills in strategic marketing and communications, especially in area of specialization or crossing more than one functional/technical area
- Broad knowledge of key issues and trends in and affecting the technology and business process outsourcing industries
- Broad overall business acumen and knowledge of Accenture’s areas of business
- Strong project management, budget management and financial reporting skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict-management skills to resolve complex or disputed issues.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Superior writing capabilities are essential
- Proven ability to quickly and concisely draft a wide range of clear, concise and high-quality media materials including news releases, media Q&As, media pitch letters, bylined articles, op-eds, etc.
- Ability to interact and work closely with media contacts representing clients, alliance partners, third-party organizations, vendors, and others
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture’s business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations
- Ability to influence the highest levels of leadership within Accenture’s large, matrixed organization through relationship-building and strong executive-level presence
- Strong teaming skills—ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with Marketing & Communications colleagues across other business areas, operating groups, geographies, capabilities groups, Corporate Communications
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.