- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- 2+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python, Scala, Java, R.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
- Built and orchestrated big data clusters, infrastructure, and services.
- Proven technical foundation and experience in traditional big data technologies (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, AWS EMR, etc.) and common architectures.
- Experience with structured data such as Avro, Parquet, Protobuf, Thrift.
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Strong problem-solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration
- Experience and/or interest in designing and building Artificial intelligence solutions using third party API’s such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Machine Learning, Google ML, IBM Watson etc
- Experience and/or interest in working with open source eco-system components such as Tensorflow, Scikit learn, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Flume and Apache Kafka.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills, you have the ability to work successfully with multi-functional teams, principles and architects and coordinate effectively across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.