Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Greenbelt, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Sr. VDI Engineer provides subject matter expertise in support of critical infrastructure projects; with experience designing, implementing, and Tier 3 Operation Support for the VDI Virtualization Technologies. The Sr. Engineer will be responsible for developing architectures, designs, and implementation and verification plans.
- Provide engineering leadership and subject matter expertise in the evaluation, development, and documentation of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and hosted/streamed applications
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned. Participates in special projects as required
- Build and maintain product and service standards for VDI capabilities that align with technology strategies
- Assist in the development of requirements, design specifications, and security considerations for the field office physical architecture
- Define and obtain approval of the Physical Architecture from the 2020 Census TI GPMO when required
- Provide network requirements to support business and operational activities (e.g., data networks, backbone/core networks, storage networks, software defined networking, and interoperability with IPv4 and IPv6, external connectivity to cloud)
- Provide network services, desktop services, office print services, and shared services needed to support 2020 Census operations in all remote locations in scope for the 2020 Census
- Collaborate with Office Service Architect to support design for replica remote office production environments which simulate the environments found at remote offices for testing purposes
- Support implementation and maintain remote office replica of production environments (e.g., Regional Census Center (RCC), Area Census Office (ACO), and Data Capture Centers)
- Assist in the assessment of the current state of the office services architecture/design
- Lead implementation of VDI infrastructure solution
- Close collaborate with infrastructure architecture and engineering teams to meet program ATO and implementation schedule
- Lead the definition of the direction and strategy for VDI design to ensure the operational needs are being addressed against aggressive schedules
- Oversee end to end System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of VDI architecture/design through to system deployment and operations
- Designs and documents VDI architecture and associated designs by analysing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Provide enhancements or improvements to Office Services architecture by studying current designs and determining areas for improvement
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies