Job Location: AZ - Phoenix, DC, DC - Washington, MA - Boston, NC - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, NJ - Florham Park, NY - New York, PA - Philadelphia, TX - Houston
Regional Description: Northeast
Job Number: 00634945 00634945_en
Join Accenture Security and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career. Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Operations and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression. Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting or technology consulting. Typically, Consultants work at client sites which often require travel. Security professionals apply deep security skills to design, build and protect enterprise systems, applications, data, assets and people for Accenture and our clients.
Job Description Cybersecurity Splunk Consultant
Security and Risk professionals develop and
deliver solutions that protect enterprise systems, applications and data by
establishing policies, practices and tools that prevent unauthorized access,
use, disclosure, modification or disruption. Advanced Security Analytics
professionals develop and deliver solutions for organizations to gain
visibility of security events within their environment. Build new or develop
existing event correlation, reporting and remediation capabilities based on
advanced monitoring use cases, external threat intelligence, and known traffic
patterns. Identity new or develop existing data integration points to build a
security data warehouse for the purpose of exploratory analytics. A
professional at this position level within Accenture has the following
Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems. Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals. Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance. Decisions often impact the team in which they reside. Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Our consultants assist clients with the identification and evaluation of holistic security gaps with a focus on the infrastructure and business applications layer. They also anticipate security requirements and identify sound security controls for applications, systems, processes and organizations. Our managers can easily work with non-security teams to integrate security controls on projects.
We are currently searching for consultants for our Security Technology practice with prior experience in the following areas: security operations center monitoring, compliance, and infrastructure security skills including SIEM, Network and Security Monitoring skills.
Key Responsibilities may include:
· Develop a comprehensive SIEM and Security Analytics architecture to support real-time security monitoring operations
· Perform as technical lead in the development and delivery of custom content, system integration and event reporting
· Troubleshoot and configure networking devices, various platforms, and database, Windows and/or UNIX system administration
· Build and implement reporting and visualizations to inform and assist clients' incident response teams and security managers
· Contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel
· Design, develop and document Security Operations Center Procedures and Processes
· Communicate client expectations to the engagement team
· Travel 100%
· 2+ years Splunk administration (Certified Splunk Administrator – Architect preferred)
· 2+ years of working with SIEM tools performing deployment, configuration, and maintaining operations, content development
· 2+ years working with security tool administration (e.g. firewalls, IDS, end-point protection, content filtering, IAM, DLP)
· 2+ years working with operational information security disciplines (e.g. incident response, security infrastructure management or monitoring services)
Must also have Bachelor’s Degree or Splunk Architect Certification in lieu of
Preferred Skill Requirements:
o Field extractions, tags, event types, alerts, lookups, and data models
o Experience creating, updating, and managing notable events
o Experience working in Incident Review
o Experience with creating robust reports, notable events
o Experience with Splunk Search Language
o Understand dashboards and data collection
· Experience with Splunk premium apps such as Splunk ES, Cloud or ITSI
· Deep understanding and proven experience in Cyber Security Operations (Monitoring, Detection, Incident Response, Forensics)
· RFP/RFI Response Knowledge (ability to work and support proposal efforts)
· Cyber Security experience in complex global enterprise and or Govt. environment a plus
Professional Skill Requirements:
· Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Desire to work in an information systems environment
· Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US
must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require
sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and
with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.