Do you want to work where scientific innovation meets leading-edge technology? Join Accenture Scientific Informatics Services and help our clients apply digital technologies to revolutionize scientific and laboratory processes.
Accenture Scientific Informatics Services combines the scientific and laboratory informatics expertise of LabAnswer with Accenture’s strategic and business consulting capabilities, industry platforms, innovation approach and global scale to help transform how scientific and laboratory processes are conducted across a variety of industries—helping make them faster, more efficient and more effective than ever before.
Leveraging digital technologies such as automation, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, analytics and cloud, in combination with a fundamental redesign of the scientific user experience, Accenture Scientific Informatics Services helps organizations better capture, manage, integrate and analyze complex scientific data. This can improve the discovery and manufacturing of new products, improve quality, ensure compliance, reduce time to market and improve operational efficiency.
As an Accenture Scientific Informatics Services Specialist you will be exposed to the technologies and processes that many leading US companies and government agencies utilize. We offer a generous compensation package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Provides end user application support for laboratory systems including ELN, LIMS, curve fitting, analytics and instrumentation specific software
- Provide level III desk side support for GxP desktops and notebook computers
- Represents IT on project teams for new implementation or changes to systems, ensuring application support model is in place prior to project completion
- Maintains an accurate inventory of laboratory systems
- Ensures lifecycle management of laboratory systems, from acquisition to decommissioning and retirement
- Develops and documents support plans for laboratory systems
- Interacts with Service Desk to coordinate support activities and application knowledge transfer Involved in onboarding of new laboratory equipment, including PC setup, installation, backups, antivirus, etc.
- Ensure data management and backup plans are executed
- Responsible for evaluating and testing applications for impact prior to rollout of corporate wide applications and security patches
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot any system related issues
- Documents system related activities for managing applications including support, maintenance and changes in a manner consistent with departmental SOPs
- Interacts with laboratory staff and other departments as required to meet objectives
- Provide system troubleshooting and training as needed
- Manage changes to validated equipment and systems by following change management and lifecycle procedures in accordance with the ITIL framework
- Authors System Administration SOPs
- Identifies integration points with other systems and understands overall technical architecture Proactively raises technology related risks, issues, and challenges
- Lead role in installation applications or liaising with vendor for installation related activities new implementations and standard upgrades .
- Reviews release notes for software upgrades for technical impact
- Serves as the liaison with IT Infrastructure for laboratory systems
- Ensures appropriate IT controls in place for laboratory systems.