We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Data Design strives to create dynamic and engaging data experiences for humans and machines which enable substantive action and meaningful change. We leverage a combination of user-centered thinking and data-driven methods to create cross-disciplinary solutions spanning every industry. Senior Data Designers help drive the vision of project-specific work and the create the essential pieces for these solutions, be it beautiful bespoke data visualizations or thoughtful user experiences. Data Design at Fjord breaks down the walls between design and engineering in order to synthesize data solutions that improve the human experience.
As a team, we:
- Unlock the power of data for clients by evaluating and building solutions through a holistic design-driven lens.
- Must be flexible and deep in our understanding of both technical and design fields and how they interact.
- Are hungry to learn about fields and modes of thinking that are unfamiliar and exciting so that we can deliver not only proven but also innovative answers for our clients.
As a Senior Data Designer, you:
- Design with and leverage data to enhance human experiences at work and in life.
- Co-lead Data Design activities including client workshops, stakeholder interviews, data gathering, and creative brainstorms and visioning.
- Synthesize materials and construct meaningful stories to ground the design work in the client's context.
- Communicate and share interests and insights with the project team to broaden their own perspectives of their work.
- Guide and communicate insightful, fresh messages for our clients and colleagues such that you establish trust and contribute to thought leadership.
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
- Attend studio and community events and workshops, contributing to content.
Working together, we will:
- Change the way that our clients view and use data and the role that data plays in every day life.
- Push each other out of our comfort zone, in order to continuously learn, practice, and evolve Data Design.