We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
At Fjord, Industrial Designers focus on design at the intersection of physical and digital. Our Industrial Design process fuses physical and digital design to produce holistic experiences that span hardware, software and services. As an Industrial Designer, you'll get to create prototypes and products that transform end-to-end customer experiences for the world’s leading companies. You'll work closely with clients, partners, and the Design team to apply available technologies to solve problems and business needs. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
As a Senior Industrial Designer, you:
- Emphasize design as making, and we never stop challenging our assumptions against the reality of user experience.
- Have an extremely collaborative design process with deep understanding of designing products for a connected world.
- Value integrity, creativity, and teamwork
- Apply design to create and develop specifications for manufactured products.
- Help research, as needed, the client’s competitive environment and best practice ID solutions.
- Learn and begin to understand business fundamentals as well as the positioning/marketing goals and overall needs and strategies of our clients’ products, brand and business.
- Utilize, employ and learn a variety of industrial design methodologies in your process (freehand drawing, surfacing in 3D CAD, 3D photo realistic rendering, prototyping, making hand-made study models).
- Refine designs and create CAD models and prototypes with specific focus on functionality.
- Be an active member of your project teams, to understand and help throughout all phases of a project, from research and synthesis, to early ideation and concept creation, to detailed design and prototyping, to creating design systems, to documentation.
- As needed, liaise with or attend presentations to client, both in-person or virtually.
- Learn to work with multiple and diverse stakeholders both internally and externally (e.g., target audiences/users, other creative contributors, clients, executives, and others) to ensure a seamless process and mutually beneficial relationship.
- Communicate and respond to clients and project team members in a professional and responsive manner.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly discipline and studio meetings.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.