Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting or technology consulting. Typically, Consultants work at client sites, which often require travel.
The Finance & Risk (F&R) practice can help financial services firms focus upon the three key challenges of increasing profitability, reducing complexity and managing regulations. Accenture draws on its end-to-end transformation capabilities, as well as core strengths in management consulting, technology, analytics and outsourcing to help firms address complexity, volatility while creating sustainable competitive advantage.
Finance & Risk Operating Model professionals design the vision and strategy for Finance organizations considering governance, organization design, location, interaction model and enabling technology. Oftentimes, this target state design includes the use of shared services, centers of excellence and outsourcing. This professional has experience both developing the operating model target state as well implementing shared services and/or centers of excellence for Finance in Financial Services. The Finance & Risk Operating Model Senior Manager understands the current issues facing the finance organizations of financial services companies including cost to serve pressures. Has experience with leading practice operating model design and implementation including shared service models.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals
- Interacts with senior level (C-suite, SVP, VP, etc.) clients and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach
- Has some latitude in decision-making
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures to deliver against assignments
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility
- Manages large-to-medium sized teams of diverse backgrounds, skill sets and technical/functional knowledge and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Understands how the use of shared services, centers of excellence, and outsourcing can enable a high performing finance function and can support a client through that journey.
- Apply leading practice of shared services and centers of excellence design across core Finance areas
- Ability to pull together target state operating model options, assess and gap against the current state, develop recommendations, roadmap and business case.
- Ability to facilitate senior level clients through evaluation of options and selection of a target operating model and roadmap through workshops
- Develop business cases and track the value from recommendations implemented
- Encourage creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition
- Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, manage account receivables, define deliverable content, ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client
- Develop and maintain contact with C-level clients, be a trusted advisor to senior executives and/or management on their business needs and issues, and organize and leads proposal pursuit teams,
- Identify and support business development initiatives; participate in and lead all aspects of the proposal development process
- Develop thought capital and disseminate information around current and emerging trends
It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.