Industry X.0 - Level 6 – PLM Senior Manager
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
A new area within Accenture Digital is Industry X.0, an advanced, digitally enabled, innovative, planning and investment approach for manufacturing and asset-intensive industries
In your role within our Industry X.0 team, you’ll help clients take advantage of significant market opportunities as digital technology moves into the core of industry in product development and manufacturing environments. You’ll help them transform their product, manufacturing and product related services value chains in Products, Communications, Media, High Tech, Aerospace & Defense, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas and Utilities. As part of Accenture Digital, you’ll benefit from tailored career management and specialist skills that will fuel your ambitions in the Industry X.0 space.
Description of the role
Being part of Industry X.0, the individual will be accountable for helping clients target and deliver value through the digital transformation of their core R&D and Engineering operations.
This individual is responsible for leveraging PLM and R&D/Engineering solutions to enable clients’ future-state business capabilities, which can enable or alter business processes or practices that, in turn, drive clients’ targeted business outcomes.
This individual must be capable of practically applying existing, new, and emerging PLM solutions to new and evolving business and operating models. Conversely, they must be able to understand, monetize and operationalize new digital technologies for R&D and Engineering operations.
This individual is responsible for facilitating the construction of business models, which may include business capabilities, functions and processes and organization design, as well as working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts.
The role focuses on business strategy and targeted business outcomes — clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder key questions.
We are looking for people with experience in the Aerospace & Defense, Electronic & High Tech, Life Science, Capital Projects or Food & Beverage Industries.
Responsibilities of the PLM Senior Manager may include:
- Search and provide information on the key industry challenges and trends and present an impetus for change in industry context.
- Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reusing existing technology for, end to end R&D and Engineering business processes.
- Facilitate development of assets and solution frameworks that combine knowledge of the R&D and Engineering business processes and issues, technology trends and digital priorities.
- Analyze clients’ strategy, operating vision, business imperatives and capabilities.
- Identify key value drivers and demonstrate how digital transformation of R&D and Engineering can enable key enterprise imperatives.
- Define use cases and associated reference solution architectures for digital R&D and Engineering operations and explore them within client conversations.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to identify and prioritize value opportunities and develop digital R&D and Engineering transformation roadmaps.
- Developpe the business case, solution architecture, and implementation roadmap for clients’ transformation journeys.
- Provide strategic consultation to clients in defining or designing business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing, selling and enabling technologies based on business and end-user requirements.
- Perform project management activities
- Work closely with the Accenture teams and key stakeholders
- Lead customer workshops
- Act as an advocate of Product Lifecycle Management and/or Manufacturing best practices, methods, and processes.
- Support the creation and participate in thought leadership to create R&D and Engineering Point of view and white papers
- Support the Accenture teams in the development and refinement of offerings and collateral to support/promote the sales of offerings (overviews, case studies, account planning, marketing information).
- Successfully supporting the sales process from origination to successful closing (including offering fine tuning, solution shaping, proposal preparation, client presentations).
- Meet travel requirements, up to 80%.