Job Location: MN - Minneapolis, NY - New York, TX - Dallas
Regional Description: Northeast
Job Number: 00611986 00611986_en
Management Consulting, Senior Manager – Human Capital – Workforce Planning & Analytics
Location: New York, Minneapolis, Dallas
The Human Capital team of Seabury Consulting, now part of Accenture, is a boutique advisory group which assists clients in aviation and other travel-related industries to optimize their human capital related activities. We advise our clients through hands-on support in compensation plan design, labor relations, organizational design and effectiveness, talent search, and workforce planning & analytics. Our clients range from small, privately-held firms to Fortune 500 companies. Given our roots in aviation and travel-related industries, it is common for our engagements to take us to our clients’ sites around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced person to join our close-knit, highly skilled Workforce Planning & Analytics team. As a Senior Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of Consultants in the sourcing, planning and execution of engagements; ensuring timely, effective delivery of results, with subsequent on-selling and cross-selling. Typical engagements involve supporting client executives with setting their overall labor strategy, enhancing company-wide labor planning processes and tools, financial labor forecasts through scenario modeling, union negotiation support, detailed headcount and cost analysis, market trend research and benchmarking, and uncovering improvement initiatives while outlining implementation requirements. As a result of the acquisition by Accenture, you will also be able to combine Accenture’s tools and capabilities into Seabury Consulting’s offerings to address the digital transformation of the employee experience and services that will play a significant role in the workforce of the future.
The Senior Manager is responsible for gaining a comprehensive understanding of client business needs and priorities, is required to effectively steer the analysis and diagnose problems, is expected to provide clear advice and recommendations to help clients make sound business decisions, and become the trusted advisor of both existing and new client accounts. During and between engagements, a strong entrepreneurial mindset and professional experience will be applied to continuously pursue new offering opportunities for Seabury Consulting’s Workforce Planning & Analytics practice, the sourcing of new engagements, and internal business development efforts.
Fundamental to the role is the ability to lead and mentor junior team members as they progress in their career. This involves the ability to outline requirements for completing analysis, acting as the lead client contact, and mentoring junior team members on core consulting skills. Additionally, our team looks to continuously improve our offerings by challenging how we approach engagements and refining the tools we use, especially in light of the acquisition by Accenture. An effective Senior Manager will recognize where opportunities lie for the group’s continuous improvement, and take the lead on further developing these.
What we offer
Through entrepreneurship, you will have the ability to further shape the Workforce Planning & Analytics practice within Accenture’s fast-growing Travel industry. As your performance and experience develop, you will be given the opportunity to take on additional leadership responsibilities in a meritocratic environment. As most of our clients are international, the ability to travel across the globe on short-notice is expected.
The Human Capital group is a close-knit team committed to having fun while delivering high impact results for our clients. At Seabury Consulting, you will be part of a dynamic team, comprised of high-powered and talented individuals, who have a blend of airline industry and top-tier strategy consulting experience, with compensation that is competitive with leading strategy consulting firms. As part of Accenture, you will have benefit of working for a global company with offices in more than 200 cities worldwide, giving you the opportunity to grow and collaborate with teams across the world.
Acquired by Accenture in 2017, Seabury Consulting provides a unique combination of consulting, restructuring, transformation, commercial planning and software solutions to all segments of the aviation and travel industry.
Seabury Consulting’s Human Capital consulting team is the most sought after executive compensation and labor solutions provider for airlines and additionally acts as the primary human capital consultancy for multiple global private equity firms. We have a strong track record of managing dozens of highly successful projects, managing organization transformations including restructurings, post-merger integrations, labor negotiations, project management office (PMO) and change management support.
Seabury Consulting is an exciting and rewarding place to work, providing individuals with variety and growth opportunities, combined with the camaraderie of a close-knit team, where the "work hard play hard" mentality presides and the travel opportunities are great.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to travel 50-75%. Willingness to travel internationally, occasionally for extended periods of time.
• 6+ years of relevant working experience. A background in strategic labor management, optimizing the cost and productivity of large workforces, whether in aviation, other related industries, or through deep experience in a consulting capacity is strongly preferred.
• A strong track record within a relevant industry (aviation, hospitality, travel) and / or consulting experience from a top-tier (boutique) advisory firm
• Must have held a mid-level or above leadership role; with a track record of successfully leading a team
• Experience in managing complex projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience and affinity in developing and maintaining client relationships
• Track record in thought leadership
• Exceptional analytical, quantitative and conceptual skills, alongside strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to articulate modelling requirements and logic (advanced proficiency considered a strong plus)
• Fluency in English (additional languages are considered a plus)
• Strong ability to communicate with all levels within an organization, both written and verbally
• A curiosity/affinity to structure and steer work around numbers and data models
• Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset to discover internal and external opportunities
• Ability to quickly identify and define client needs and how those translate into our offerings
• Understanding of or interest in working in a complex international business environment
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines while still delivering a flawless product
• Be the trusted advisor and influencer for our client’s C-suite
• Passion for mentoring junior team members
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.