Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth. Accenture Corporate and Recruitment Marketing is now looking for a strong leader to support Global and North American programs.
Bring your big ideas and marketing expertise to Accenture and you may find that your career catapults to places you never imagined. As a leader in management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, our teams work closely with clients to improve the way the world works and lives. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Corporate Functions – Marketing & Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Media Relations Specialist – US Midwest Region
Accenture is looking for a dynamic public relations specialist to support the execution and coordination of a comprehensive media relations program for Accenture’s business across the Midwest, which includes Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Kansas City. The role is responsible for supporting local media relations efforts including media strategy development, writing media materials, building media lists, research, media measurement and analytics, local media outreach and also supporting executive positioning programs for regional leaders.
This individual will be a part of the North America Media Relations team, report into the Midwest Media Relations Lead and will also collaborate with national, industry, business and global media relations colleagues across the company to leverage content for locally relevant stories, and will complement the Midwest media relations program with social media to amplify awareness and visibility.
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture, here’s a look at some of your responsibilities.
Support the execution of the Midwest media strategy, including writing media materials, drafting story-specific media strategies, researching media contacts and reaching out to local media and developing results reports
Support executive positioning programs
Support the management of the media relations pipeline, for market- or region-relevant research studies and surveys, corporate citizenship activities, inclusion & diversity initiatives, people on the move stories and civic- and community-oriented stories
- Work with regional marketing & communications team to create and execute effective social media campaigns
Monitor the competitive landscape for media mentions and share of voice, applying this knowledge to improve Accenture’s overall position in the region
Develop a monthly media highlights newsletter that’s distributed to executive leadership
- Conduct and analyze market/competitor/influencer research as input to positioning and external marketing and communications plans
- Support the application process for locally important awards and rankings and promote wins
- Develop professional working relationships with key journalists and client peers
- Partner with Midwest Media Relations Lead to ensure that regional media relations initiatives are consistent with strategic business objectives for North America
- Must be based in Accenture office
- Some travel required (up to 25%)
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaborating with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive 401K program. Learn more about our extensive rewards and benefits here.
CALL TO ACTION
Great things can happen—they already are. Come and be a part of the next level of high performance.