Job Location: DC, DC - Washington
Regional Description: Southeast
Job Number: 00590899 00590899_en
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Metro Washington, D.C.
Level: Consultant (9)
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
What you will be doing as a Java Developer?
For more information on Accenture Federal Services, please reference -
Who are we looking for?
· 3 years of client-facing work experience developing Java
· 3 years of experience developing with JEE
· 2 years of experience with Java-based MVC frameworks (e.g. Spring MVC, Struts, JSF, Tapestry)
· 2 years of experience with relational databases, SQL and ORM tools such as Hibernate or iBATIS;
· US Citizen
· 1 year of leadership experience to include planning and directing the work of others and/or designing technology solutions implemented by others;
· Experience with Java Application Servers (WebSphere or WebLogic) or Open Source Application Servers (i.e. JBoss)
• Experience with performance testing
• Experience with data modeling and performance tuning
• Experience with rules engines, either COTS (e.g. Blaze or iLog) or open source (e.g. Drools)
• Experience with mobile (IOS, HTML5, Android) and responsive web development
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban), Standard SDLC, CMMI compliant projects
• Experience with issue tracking software (JIRA, FoggBugz, BugZilla, TeamCity, Rational Suite)
• Experience with source control management (SVN, GIT, Mercurial, CVS)
• Previous consulting experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.