Job Location: CA - San Francisco
Regional Description: West
Job Number: 00589346 00589346_en
As a Service Sr. Manager - Communications, Media & Technology
Locations: San Francisco, San Jose
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Management Consulting professionals design and implement process and change interventions that integrate strategy, technology and people to enable process improvements that create value for clients.
The Management Consulting Senior Manager designs and implements business changes that drive industry-specific, function and digital operating model transformation, focusing on task relating to people and process.
Sales professionals improve sales organizations through process reengineering, sales talent management, incentive management, and operations optimization.
Sales Operations professionals help improve sales organizations through the planning, design, and execution of selling methods, sales and sales supporting processes, and selling tools, with a focus on measurement and improvement of leading sales productivity metrics.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters. Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside area of responsibility. Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Travel: It is our intention for our people to live where they work and work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel extensively.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in the following
• Deep functional expertise in end to end transformation to as-a-service business models
• Ability to articulate the value of SaaS business, including implications for core financial metrics and company valuation
• Deep knowledge of software and high tech industries, sub-segments, trends, key companies, challenges, and outlook
• Functional knowledge of software sales and delivery processes - product management, quoting, sales, fulfillment, service & success, entitlement management, etc.
• Management of all phases on the development lifecycle including strategy, planning, requirements definition, user story creation, functional design, test planning and coordination, and release management
• Driving and documenting business architecture - process design, capability models and frameworks, etc.
• Ability to build a business case and set of KPI drivers - including data analysis and measurement of results and ROI
• Leverage new methodologies around design thinking and co-creation to guide solution approach and delivery
• Familiarity and ability to work in both waterfall and agile delivery methodology environments
Minimum of 8 years of experience in the following
• Knowledge of tools that assist in transformation to a subscription business (opportunity management, CPQ, subscription billing, licensing)
• Basic skills in technical architecture to understand integrations in end to end solution
• Understanding of data management, modeling, and data flow in support of business process
• Knowledge of analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning - including how those technologies can be brought to bear to solve client problems
• Familiarity with leading CRM and ERP platforms (SFDC, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, Workday, etc.)
Preferred Experience & Skills:
• Minimum 8 years required in consulting and/or delivery at an enterprise software or SaaS company
• Breadth of experience managing large cross-functional teams
• Ability to gather inputs and perspectives to shape designs - navigate variety of opinions and approaches to come to a solution
• Ability to present ideas in front of large audiences
• Ability to sell the value of Accenture as a consulting partner
• Effective communication and collaboration with functional business owners, IT, and senior company executives (c-suite)
Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Professional Skill Requirements
Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Desire to work in an information systems environment
Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.