Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or other quantitative discipline. An Advanced Degree in one or more of these disciplines is highly desirable
- Minimum 3 years of experience with:
- Credit, market, liquidity and/or operational risk analytics (e.g., model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, model documentation, model validation, model governance, model implementation, integration and automation, etc.)
- Retail, commercial, and/or Capital Markets portfolios, including commercial lending, asset-based lending, treasury services and investment banking. Exposure to insurance, wholesale/retail lending, deposits, etc. desirable
- Risk regulatory trends, principles, and practices (e.g., CCAR, DFAST, Internal Capital Reporting, Capital Planning, Risk Weighted Assets, CECL, etc.), including any combination of the following: back testing, stress testing, sensitivity testing, benchmarking, capital calculations, reporting standards, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SAS Python or R. Exposure and/or proficiency to other analytical tools such as SQL, C++, VBA, Murex, Calypso, Numerix, etc., desirable
- Model development/quantitative skills should include any combination of the following: multivariate regression models, transition matrices, stochastic processes, econometric models, neural networks, Monte Carlo, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with credit/market risk type models (e.g., CVA, ALLL, PD/LGD, Roll Rate, VAR, SVAR, etc.)
- Experience within the model risk or model development team of a universal bank, wholesale bank or rating agency
- Data management experience (e.g., extracting, aggregating and structuring large volumes of data, etc.) in the context of analytics
- Strong understanding of front and back office operations desirable
- Minimum 2 years of prior Management Consulting experience focused on Risk Analytics in the Financial Services industry (e.g., Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance)
- Solid project management experience (e.g., defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, lead key requirement workshops, document and understand requirements
- Experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs and other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases
- Experience working through organizational change, with a demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Demonstrated ability to identify the root causes of issues by analyzing patterns and trends
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment
- A strong desire and ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- A strong desire to deliver to a high standard
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LocationsCT - Hartford,DC,DC - Washington,DE - Wilmington,GA - Atlanta,MA - Boston,MD - Baltimore,NC - Charlotte,NJ - Florham Park,PA - Philadelphia,PA - Pittsburgh,RI - Providence
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Data Science Consultant
Financial Services - Customer Insight & Growth - Consultant - West
Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud Platform Developer - Digital Delivery (Midwest)
Business & Technology Integration