Organization: Kurt Salmon, part of Accenture Strategy
Level: Senior Manager
Location: Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Dallas or New York
Travel: up to 80%
Kurt Salmon’s retail strategy consulting business in China, Germany, Japan, the UK and US was acquired by Accenture, and now forms part of Accenture Strategy’s global retail industry practice, delivering end-to end-strategy consulting services to top retailers and private equity firms. This follows the acquisition of Javelin Group in June 2015, and is further evidence of Accenture’s commitment to create the market-leading strategy consulting firm working in the retail and consumer sectors.
As part of Accenture Strategy, you would have the opportunity of providing true end-to-end services to clients, from strategy to management consulting, technology consulting, digital, technology and operations, by working with colleagues across Accenture. You will also benefit from professional mentoring, training and development, career progression and working culture and environment offered by a company recognized on the Fortune Best 100 Companies to Work For, Fortune Most Admired Companies and DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity, amongst others. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Introduction to Accenture Strategy:
Our Senior Managers lead multifaceted projects that demand robust digital and analytical abilities, a creative approach to problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills. Projects range from fast-paced, three-week business or technology assessments to 18-month business process transformation and technology solution implementations for the world’s leading retailers and global brands. This mix of projects offers consultants a dynamic and highly challenging opportunity to experience our service offerings and to quickly develop their expertise through early exposure to senior firm leadership and industry executives.
Examples of our work include:
- Designing new retail store experiences that blend digital and physical elements into highly engaging and interactive shopping experiences at a specialty retailer
- Conducting consumer and market research on online and mobile shopping experiences to develop a go-to-market strategy for a major online digital marketplace
- Conducting a detailed digital diagnostic to assess eCommerce, customer experience, online assortment, and digital marketing capabilities and performance to identify gaps and opportunities and develop pragmatic digital capability recommendations and strategy for a specialty retailer
- Designing a comprehensive omnichannel strategy the encompasses store operations, marketing, ordering & fulfillment, merchandising & planning, and supply chain capabilities for a major South American department store chain
- Developing a digital experience strategy for large grocery chain in order to profitably compete in an environment of online grocery shopping, ordering, in-store pickup, and home-delivery.
- Conducting the data analysis to support the redefinition of a customer engagement strategy for a global brand
At Kurt Salmon Digital, we work with the latest Web, mobile, applied intelligence, and in-store digital technologies, constantly pushing the envelope of what is possible. Our customers are brands and retailers re-imagining the future of retail. We go beyond helping our clients discover digital technologies—we enable them to better connect with their customers and transform their businesses. We research, prototype and integrate & configure leading-edge software. We create leading strategies that leverage innovation digital technology that helps our clients to redefine the store of the future, define marketplace platform strategies, reinvent retail go-to-market channels, manage innovation ecosystems, establish conversational commerce, and turbo-charge their existing digital capabilities. We are experts in designing mobile and digital strategies and constructing highly scalable solutions. Our clients trust us to solve their most perplexing digital challenges and to create solutions that deliver real and lasting value.
As a Kurt Salmon Digital Senior Manager, you have a knack for understanding and managing client expectations, which you are able to translate into product requirements and an actionable project plan. You manage cross-functional teams of designers and developers. You leverage your passion for mobile and Web technology design and implementation to bring digital initiatives to life for our clients. You see a project through from concept to launch.
Senior Managers are responsible for:
- Supporting business development and sales teams
- Participating in the development and cultivation of client relationships Managing teams in the delivery of client engagements
- Contributing to the development of various service offerings
- Contributing to practice thought leadership, body of knowledge and service development
- Coaching and developing practice staff
- Representing the firm in industry forums (e.g. writing articles, speaking at conferences)