Job Location: IL - Chicago
Regional Description: Midwest
Job Number: 00557719 00557719_en
Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
As part of our Advanced Technology & Architecture (AT&A) practice, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology experts who are highly collaborative taking on today’s biggest, most complex business challenges. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in technology at Accenture!
Data and Analytics professionals define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes.
· Produce clean, standards based, modern code with an emphasis on advocacy toward end-users to produce high quality software designs that are well-documented.
· Demonstrate an understanding of technology and digital frameworks in the context of Big Data.
· Ensure code and design quality through the execution of test plans and assist in development of standards, methodology and repeatable processes, working closely with internal and external design, business, and technical counterparts.
Big Data professionals develop deep next generation Hadoop and Analytics skills to support Accenture's data and analytics agendas, including skills such as cluster management, optimization of physical and virtual servers, designing and managing disaster recovery, monitoring the health of the environment and rightsizing the Hadoop ecosystem.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
· Utilizes existing methods and procedures to create designs within the proposed solution to solve business problems.
· Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
· Contributes to design of solution, executes development of design, and seeks guidance on complex technical challenges where necessary.
· Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor.
· May interact with peers, client counterparts and/or management levels within Accenture.
· Understands methods and procedures on new assignments and executes deliverables with guidance as needed.
· May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
· Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
· Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
· Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
o Hadoop Administration (Cloudera / Hortonworks) using Cloudera Manager / Ambari
o Designing ingestion, low latency, visualization clusters to sustain data loads and meet business and IT expectation.
o Ability to configure and support NoSQL DB, API integrations, and OpenSource Integrations
o Experience monitoring and managing Hadoop environments (Production, DR, Test, Dev)
Professional Skill Requirements
· Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Desire to work in an information systems environment
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work with senior client executives
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does
not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment
authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1
visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.