The digital revolution is changing everything, transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices – Interactive, Mobility and Analytics. Accenture Interactive helps the world’s leading brands delight their customers and deliver superior business performance and customer experiences. As part of Accenture Interactive Delivery, you’ll balance art and science to create award-winning digital experiences for today’s connected consumers through integrated and dynamic solutions that incorporate strategy, marketing, creative and technology.
Do clients rely on your impressive ability to define and guide the implementation of innovative digital solutions that help enable them to manage and utilize their critical documents and records? Are you the go-to thought leader for the latest in cloud-enabled content management solutions? Have you worked with well-known platforms like OpenText, Documentum, or FileNet as well as the newer tools like Box? If you are passionate about helping clients manage their critical content, we’d like to meet you.
YOUR ROLE: Enterprise Content Management Subject Matter Expert
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture Interactive, we’ve highlighted a few of your exciting responsibilities.
- Function as Subject matter expert (SME) on Enterprise Content Management strategy, capabilities, technology and vendors.
- Working with client team and other Accenture consultants, develop current state ECM technology architecture, gap analysis, and future state technology architecture to address client architecture gaps
- Evaluate ECM vendors and related technology to determine best fit and help make recommendations to clients around technology and services acquisition
- Review and integrate all ECM application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality and operations requirements.
- Leads and contributes to the definition of content governance procedures and business requirements, functional designs, and work flows for creating, managing and publishing web content
- Lead multiple workstreams for end to end ECM project and programs from strategy through implementation in a global environment
- Leverage vendor relationships to enable teams and bring innovation to our clients
- Assist with business process redesign, roadmap planning, and identifying touch points through multi-channel applications
- Mentor and coach team members by sharing perspective and knowledge of Content Management initiatives and maintaining open dialogue with colleagues and clients
- Support the development of strong client relationships by building trust, rapport and strong working relationships with key sponsors, stakeholders, and team members