Job Location: GA - Atlanta
Regional Description: Southeast
Job Number: 00539738 00539738_en
Organization: Digital Growth Platform - Analytics Business
Position: Analytics Business – Big Data Engineering Architect Senior Manager
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices –Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Analytics practice, you’ll deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You’ll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues.
Do you have a pulse on new technologies and a desire to change the way business gets done? Do you want to implement emerging solutions for some of the most successful companies around? If you answered yes to these questions and you are passionate about helping clients effectively manage enormous amounts of data to generate knowledge and value, then we want to meet you.
Data Engineering Architects at the Senior Manager level will be responsible for providing solutions to digital age data challenges in multiple industries through architecture, design and implementation of an ecosystem of Hadoop, NoSQL, Self-Service Data Preparation, AI, Machine Learning and other modern data technologies on premise and also on Cloud. The solutions typically will include re-engineering the data acquisition, storage, processing, security, data management, governance and analysis using these technologies leading to the implementation of a modern data platform. A solid experience and understanding of considerations for planning, scaling, deployment and operations that are unique to Hadoop, NoSQL and other emerging modern data technologies is required. We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of skills across these areas and who can demonstrate an ability to identify and apply modern data and cloud technologies to architect and implement innovative and differentiated data solutions. Our architects are expected to work with our clients in defining the future state architectures of their data platforms enabling analytical intelligence and then play a lead role to implement a roadmap to reach that state.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or 8 years of IT/Programming experience
· Minimum 3+ years of architecting, implementing and successfully operationalizing large scale data solutions in production environments using Hadoop and NoSQL ecosystem on premise or on Cloud (AWS, Google or Azure) using many of the relevant technologies such as Nifi, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hive, Cassandra, EMR, Kinesis, BigQuery, DataProc, Azure Data Lake etc.
· Minimum 3+ years of architecting data and building performant data models at scale for Hadoop/NoSQL ecosystem of data stores to support different business consumption patterns off a centralized data platform
· Minimum 3+ years of Spark/MR/ETL processing, including Java, Python, Scala, Talend; for data analysis of production Big Data applications
· Minimum 3++ years of architecting and industrializing data lakes or real-time platforms for an enterprise enabling business applications and usage at scale
· Minimum 3+ years designing and implementing relational data models working with RDBMS and understanding of the challenges in these environments
· Minimum 2+ years of experience implementing SQL on Hadoop solutions using tools like Presto, AtScale and others
· Minimum 2+ years of experience implementing large scale BI/Visualization solutions on Big Data platforms
· Minimum 3+ years of experience implementing large scale secure cloud data solutions using AWS data and analytics services e.g. S3, EMR, Redshift
· Minimum 2+ years of experience implementing large scale secure cloud data solutions using Google data and analytics services e.g. BigQuery, DataProc
· Minimum 2+ years of experience building data management (metadata, lineage, tracking etc.) and governance solutions for modern data platforms that use Hadoop and NoSQL on premise or on AWS, Google and Azure cloud
· Minimum 2+ years of experience securing Hadoop/NoSQL based modern data platforms on-premise or on AWS, Google, Azure cloud
· Minimum 2+ years of Re-architecting and rationalizing traditional data warehouses with Hadoop or NoSQL technologies on premise or transition to AWS, Google clouds
· Experience implementing data wrangling and data blending solutions for enabling self-service solutions using tools such as Trifacta, Paxata
· 4 years industry systems development and implementation experience OR Minimum of 3 years of data loading, acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis
· Minimum 2+ years of using Talend, Informatica like ETL tools within a Big Data environment to perform large scale metadata integrated data transformation
· Minimum 1+ years of building Business Catalogs or Data Marketplaces on top of a Hybrid data platform containing Big Data technologies
· Responsibilities include the following:
o Architect modern data solutions in a hybrid environment of traditional and modern data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL
o Create technical and operational architectures for these solutions incorporating Hadoop, NoSQL and other modern data technologies
o Implement and deploy custom solutions/applications using Hadoop/NoSQL
o Lead and guide implementation teams and provide technical subject matter expertise in support of the following:
§ Designing, implementing and deploying ETL to load data into Hadoop/NoSQL
§ Security implementation of a Hadoop/NoSQL solutions
§ Managing data in Hadoop/NoSQL co-existing with traditional data technologies in a hybrid environment
§ Troubleshooting production issues with Hadoop/NoSQL
§ Performance tuning of a Hadoop/NoSQL environment
· Architecting and implementing metadata management solutions around Hadoop and NoSQL in a hybrid environment
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
· Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
· You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Our Mobility practice serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
· Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
· Access to leading-edge technology.
· Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan. Learn more about our extensive rewards and Benefits
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here—what’s stopping you from pursuing it?
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.