Finance & Risk – Fraud & Financial Crimes Data Analytics Consultant
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting or technology consulting. Typically, Consultants work at client sites, which often require travel.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Banks, capital markets and insurance firms face extraordinary challenges related to profitability, complexity and new regulations in an uncertain economic environment, an environment we refer to as one of "permanent volatility."
The Finance & Risk (F&R) practice can help financial services firms focus upon the three key challenges of increasing profitability, reducing complexity and managing regulations. Accenture draws on its end-to-end transformation capabilities, as well as core strengths in management consulting, technology, analytics and outsourcing to help firms address complexity, volatility while creating sustainable competitive advantage.
We are seeking to further strengthen our F&R practice as we are continuing to see a high demand from our clients in an evolving industry landscape. Core to this is the area of Fraud & Financial Crimes (F&FC) Management, which continues to become a critical focus, from both a regulatory and reputational perspective. We are seeking a Fraud & Financial Crimes Data Analytics Manager who brings deep financial fraud, AML and BSA expertise. The incumbent will have a natural interest and experience in the prevention and detection of fraud and financial crime and the impacts the evolving landscape has on our client’s business, processes and systems. The F&FC Data Analytics Manager will also have excellent knowledge of how banks and Insurers operate their Risk Management, F&FC and Finance functions, and the current challenges they face. Candidates should also be credible in working on client change projects and have leadership and stakeholder engagement skills that can be used immediately on client-facing work.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach
- Has some latitude in decision-making
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Decisions have a major day-to-day impact on area of responsibility
- Manages large-to-medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Support and/or lead project teams engaged in the successful delivery of a wide range of client engagements
- Design, implement, and deploy solutions to achieve defined business goals
- Perform model management reviews to continuously reassess model suitability against emerging BSA/AML Risks
- Conduct quantitative analysis of AML model output to verify model accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness, and provide reports detailing the current state of data feeds, rule output at current settings, and alert outputs at alternative settings
- Assist with the management of AML/BSA models related to transaction surveillance, customer risk rating, and OFAC fuzzy logic filtering
- Create and execute upon a project plan to complete the necessary validation and tuning procedures
- Advise clients on a wide range of F&FC Data Analytics solutions; develop and manage relationships as a trusted advisor to senior executives, with an eye towards qualifying potential opportunities
- Develop products, tools and other capabilities that enables our consulting teams and clients to drive value through innovative, streamlined and standardized tools and solutions
- Integrate decision science and analytical thinking, past experiences and methodologies, market analysis and company goals to drive client solutions
- Provide support to management in business development initiatives, including identifying opportunities, developing client proposals, and building strong relationships with Accenture clients
- Develop thought capital and disseminate information around current and emerging trends
- Support development of the F&FC practice by driving initiatives around market research, capability development, knowledge management, etc.
- Maintain skills in F&FC and Data Analytics
It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.