Job Location: CT - Hartford, MA - Boston, NJ - Florham Park, NY - New York, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Pittsburgh
Regional Description: Northeast
Job Number: 00491464 00491464_en
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices –Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Analytics practice, you’ll deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You’ll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Accenture Digital seeks Data Engineers at the Manager level to focus on our Health & Public Service markets. This market includes healthcare payers, providers, and pharmacy benefit managers, and state and municipal healthcare, citizen service, public safety agencies. The Data Engineer is responsible for solving data challenges through architecture, design and implementation of Hadoop, NoSQL and other modern data technology based solutions. It includes data acquisition, storage, transformation, security, data management and analysis using these technologies. A solid experience and understanding of considerations for infrastructure planning, scaling, deployment and operations that are unique to Hadoop, NoSQL and other emerging data technologies is required. We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of technology skills across these areas and who can demonstrate an ability to identify and apply Hadoop, NoSQL and other modern data technology solutions to address today’s challenges with data and provide better data solutions to the Health & Public Service industries.
A professional at the Manager level in our Client & market career track within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
· Contributes to solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
· Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
· Supports decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
· Manages small to medium-sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Responsibilities for the Digital Data Architect Manager include the following:
· Architect data solutions in a hybrid environment of traditional and modern data technologies, working with the customer, users, designers and architects
· Architect, develop and deploy technical and operational architectures for these solutions incorporating Hadoop, NoSQL and other modern data technologies
· Lead and guide implementation teams and provide technical subject matter expertise in support of the following:
o Designing, implementing and deploying ETL to load data into Hadoop/NoSQL
o Designing and implementing data management solutions within the modern architecture
o Security implementation of a Hadoop/NoSQL solutions
o Troubleshooting production issues
o Performance tuning of a Hadoop/NoSQL environment
o Designing and implementing consumption of analytics from a modern architecture
· Minimum 5 years' experience working within a data management, integration and analytics capacity in the healthcare and/or public service industries, including healthcare payers, providers, and pharmacy benefit managers, and state and municipal healthcare, citizen service, public safety agencies
· Minimum 3 years' experience with designing, building and operationalizing large scale applications using Hadoop and NoSQL components - HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Spark, MapReduce, Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB etc. in production
· Minimum 1 year of experience with organizing and architecting data at scale for Hadoop/NoSQL data stores
· Minimum 3 years' experience with Big Data coding or scripting, including Java, Python, Pig programming, Hadoop Streaming, HiveQL for data analysis of production applications
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or other relevant field is required
· Minimum 5 years' hands-on experience with architecting, designing and implementing data applications in production using emerging data technologies such as Hadoop Ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Kafka etc.), NoSQL(e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB), In-Memory Data Technologies, Data Munging Technologies
· Minimum 3 years' experience with re-architecting and rationalizing traditional data environments with Hadoop or NoSQL technologies
· Minimum 3 years’ experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages such as Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Scala
· Minimum 3 years' experience with building and deploying Java apps to production
· Minimum 3 years' experience with architecting and implementing data management solutions around Hadoop and NoSQL in a hybrid environment
· Minimum 3 years' experience with implementing data wrangling and data blending solutions for enabling self-service solutions
· Some experience with data preparation for statistical modeling, machine learning modeling and/or analytical modeling using these technologies on large data sets (e.g. MLib, Mahout, Spark, R)
· Minimum 3 years' experience with identifying, designing and implementing functional solutions for big data use cases in the healthcare and/or public service industries, which includes healthcare payers, providers, and pharmacy benefit managers, and state and municipal healthcare, citizen service, public safety agencies
Professional Skill Requirements
· Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· Desire to work in an information systems environment
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.