Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Business Design Director @ Fjord
The Business Design Director makes sure Fjord’s design work is framed by the business goals and objectives. A Business Design Director will be responsible for defining the business goals, aligning those goals with the deliverables and providing measurement performance metrics. This role will also act as a face of Fjord with the client and will provide overall strategic direction for the project team.
As a Business Design Director, you’ll work collaboratively with other disciplines (Interaction Design, Visual Design, Program Management) and with our clients to create innovative digital services and experiences grounded in a business context. You should have an in-depth knowledge and experience in defining business opportunities and drivers for digital services and in developing compelling service design strategies based on this.
The Business Design Director will support strategy focused project streams, business development efforts, and help focus the work of the design team from a business perspective. They will interpret client and consumer needs, effectively communicate and present service strategies, and possess a strong commercial awareness. They are always looking for opportunities to review, iterate, and refine the definition of business design and how to make it more valuable to Fjord’s clients.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Project delivery: 80%
- Business analysis and opportunity modelling
- Stakeholder interviews
- Industry and trends research
- Competitor analysis and benchmarking
- KPI definition
- Customer Experience Touchpoint high level design
- Roadmap creation based on user and business needs
- Ability to oversee work of project members and provide incisive assistance and guidance
- Ability to delegate and prioritize based on (changing) needs
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Oversee or own the definition of the service vision and proposition
- Oversee or co-lead to the creation of service roadmaps
- Ensure alignment with the defined business goals throughout the design process
- Take responsibility for the quality of business design and successful delivery of work in this area across various projects
- Oversee or lead business design tracks independently or in conjunction with the Service/Design Lead
- Oversee or lead definition of a highly differentiated service or product concept
- Definition of the associated business case, or enhancement of the existing client business case. This will include a focus on establishing primary success targets and linked measures
- New business: 20%
- Provide business consulting on pitches, workshops and other new business projects as required, thus ensuring a strategic approach
- Ensure strategic value and integrity of project proposals
- Own the storyline and content creation for strategy-focused pitch and new business presentations
- Lead and manage strategy heavy pitch projects
- Work closely with, and be available to, the respective business development teams in pursuing new business leads and converting client briefs into booked projects
- Support the business development team with strategic input, client meetings, presentations and proposal writing