Job Location: CA - San Francisco
Job Number: 00458131 00458131_en
This is an extraordinary opportunity to build a rewarding career – with excellent benefits – at Accenture. Working in highly collaborative teams for world-leading clients, we’ll nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. While fast-tracking your career, you’ll have the flexibility to pursue your specialist passions. So, whatever your work and life goals, we’ll help you achieve them. Sooner.
People in the Innovation & Thought Leadership career track drive asset innovation and marketplace reputation within a specific area of expertise. They grow into thought leadership roles, by increasing the depth of their expertise and their reputation as an innovator, and can progress either in role, laterally, or upward.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting, or technology consulting.
We offer a transparent approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues. You will benefit from working alongside Accenture teams that are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools. You will have access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends. You will also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.
We are seeking an accomplished leader and subject matter expert with significant Financial Services and/or Management Consulting experience to support the continued growth of our Finance & Risk, Regulatory & Compliance practice. As a Sr. Principal, the incumbent will be required to support project shaping and business development activities, project deliverables and lead delivery teams within a client environment. Candidates are expected to have had experience working in a delivery or change environment and have an appreciation of the challenges in delivering large scale Regulatory & Compliance-related projects for Financial Services institutions.
As a Sr. Principal in our Finance & Risk—Regulatory & Compliance practice, you will often:
- Architect and deliver consulting solutions and services and provide sales support within a clearly defined area of industry expertise that is supported by the business
- Add credibility to Accenture's reputation during the sales process and deep expertise through delivery phase
- Contribute to and lead asset/offering development and thought leadership activities through points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards, etc.
- Contribute to the design and execution of the practice’s growth plan; support the go-to-market strategy, offering prioritization, design and planning
- Develop trusted relationships with internal and external clients, and have an eye for qualifying potential opportunities and/or negotiating complex deals
- Participate in and bring capability expertise to the client account planning process
- Lead small-to-large client delivery engagement teams to architect, design and deliver consulting services that deliver agreed business outcomes for our clients
- Lead and/or act as a key player in other critical situations within area of expertise, either internally or at client engagement(s)
- Formally act as a mentor or coach to junior people to help grow the next generation of experts
- Lead other practice-building activities (e.g. professional communities; teaching) in area of expertise
- Understand and translate customer needs into implementable business solutions to enable long-term success and business integration
- Drive and understand analysis of the as-is and to-be processes
- Lead the design of new business processes based on customer requirements and conduct user review sessions and run stakeholder agreement meetings
- Build and maintain strong connections with the external professional community in their area of expertise (and may be sought out for their opinions, publishing and speaking at clients or forums in the industry)
- Implement process and change interventions
- Lead implementation of programs/interventions that prepare the organization for implementation of new business processes
- Accountable for program execution or deliverable using planning, communication and training skills
It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.
Industry & Technical Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree. An Advanced Degree and/or M.B.A. is highly desirable
- Minimum 15 years of Regulatory or Compliance experience within the Financial Services industry spanning Capital Markets, Banking and/or Insurance (or experience as a regulator, either in an examiner, rule and policy development or enforcement capacity)
- Experience must include knowledge in the following:- Risk regulatory trends, principles, and practices, including, but not limited to: Basel Accord, Dodd Frank, FBO, FINRA, SEC, CCAR, etc.
- Compliance processes, regulatory requirements, regulatory change, and/or compliance standards
- Financial Services Risk Operating Models
- Compliance process design and re-engineering
- Demonstrated understanding of the operations of the legal function
- Surveillance or intelligence experience
- Experience publishing research and/or presenting ideas at industry conferences and seminars
- Demonstrated track record of creativity and innovation
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
CHANGE MANAGEMENT / PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Project management experience including: defining scope, setting project timelines and milestones, driving deliverables, identifying risks, resolving issues, project economics, and client relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and drive conversations at the executive level, including the ability to convey emerging trends, recommendations, and business value propositions
- Ability to challenge a client's thinking by diplomatically providing an objective and independent point of view
- Demonstrated comfort conveying both high-level and detailed information, adjusting the way ideas are presented to better address varying social styles and audiences
- Demonstrated ability to understand client needs, translate business needs into requirements, develop proposed solutions, and deliver high impact change initiatives
- Significant experience working through organizational change, developing and implementing creative solutions and closely partnering with clients to regularly confirm expectations are met and value delivered
- Significant experience leading large teams (at last 5 resources) through complex situations, adapting quickly and helping others navigate change
- Demonstrated experience structuring activities that play to a team's strengths and providing opportunities for others to grow
- Demonstrated insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
- Well-developed analytical skills, the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Prior experience within a top management consulting firm focused on the Financial Services industry, including: demonstrated understanding of project management, project economics and client relationship management is highly desirable
- Risk and/or Compliance technology vendors in your domain area a plus, particularly Surveillance applications
- Experience of working with clients on development of business and technology solutions to business problems arising from Misconduct including business, market and sales practice related issues within the Financial services industry
- Experience building out conduct risk programs and development of KRI’s/KPI’s and MI reporting
- Understanding of culture and ethics and behaviors driving organizational culture within the FS industry
- Understanding of surveillance technologies and solutions across market, e communications, trade and voice
- Understanding of analytics and risk models that can support conduct analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated track record of identifying opportunities based on offerings and client issues, qualifying potential opportunities and negotiating complex deals
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner, both internally and externally
- A strong desire to deliver to a high standard and ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Demonstrated track record of delivery as part of a project team, including the ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations, and produce project deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to navigate unstructured processes and to concurrently lead large consulting Workstream and/or projects
- Demonstrated team management and leadership skills; desire to lead and motivate teams in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while handling multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.