<<< Start >>>
<<< End >>>
The world is at a crossroads.
The new decade will bring social, economic and environmental challenges that will require fresh approaches to leadership and responsibility.
We’re helping prepare the next generation of leaders as they seek to put sustainability and equitability at the heart of their organizations.
Our new research, Seeking New Leadership: Responsible leadership for a sustainable and equitable world, published in collaboration with the World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers and Forum of Young Global Leaders, offers a new framework for developing and scaling responsible leadership.
The need for a new leadership model
As we enter the 2020s, we have an opportunity—and obligation—to reconsider the way we live, work, produce and trade. The first step is to reflect on how organizations lead and how we can hold leaders to a higher standard.
Today’s leaders are challenged to deliver value in three areas:
- Organizational performance, measured most often by short-term earnings.
- Continuous innovation, often propelled by emerging technology.
- Sustainability and trust, earned by attending to the interests of stakeholders, from consumers and employees to investors and wider society.
What leadership attributes are required to achieve all three objectives? We surveyed approximately 2,000 business leaders, 3,000 stakeholders and more than 1,800 emerging leaders in the Young Global Leaders and Global Shapers groups.
What we heard formed a new model to help leadership teams pursue value and honor values.
The 5 elements of responsible leadership
- Stakeholder inclusion: Safeguarding trust and positive impact for all by standing in the shoes of stakeholders when making decisions, and fostering an inclusive environment where diverse individuals have a voice and feel they belong.
- Emotion and intuition: Unlocking commitment and creativity by being truly human, showing compassion, humility and openness.
- Mission and purpose: Advancing common goals by inspiring a shared vision of sustainable prosperity for the organization and its stakeholders.
- Technology and innovation: Creating new organizational and societal value by innovating responsibly with emerging technology.
- Intellect and insight: Finding ever-improving paths to success by embracing continuous learning and knowledge exchange.
We’re committed to doing our part to lead in a sustainable, equitable world and to helping the world’s leading organizations do the same.
Innovate and do work that makes a difference, every day. Find your fit with Accenture.
Copyright © 2020 Accenture. All rights reserved. Accenture, its logo, and New Applied Now are trademarks of Accenture.