Ringing in a new year means a fresh start—and a time for personal and professional growth and reflection.
Accenture people across the globe, from analyst to managing director level and in all parts of the business, share their career tips and advice that apply at any stage of your career.
Because we believe that learning and growing never stops.
Happy New Year!
At the starting line
1) Don’t let the interview process cause anxiety. Kelly Tompkins advises how to shine during the skills interview—an important part of Accenture’s recruitment process.
2) Being a new consultant can have lots of twists and turns. Consulting Analyst Hannah Schlacter shares her first-year learnings.
3) Looking to transition to a career in consulting? Senior Manager Michael Foley moved from engineering to strategy consulting and offers tips on how to invest in your new environment.
Building and advancing
4) "Look beyond your plate." In a large organization like Accenture, Manager Max Budde advises that it’s essential to stay invested in what’s going on around you.
5) If you want to advance your career to the next level, Technology Consulting Manager, Johannes Weinert has great advice for building and maintaining your network.
6) After 20 years of shaping relationships with clients and colleagues in technology strategy consulting, Managing Director Abizer Rangwala explains that “showing, rather than telling” is usually the best approach.
7) How do you get ahead in consulting? You reinvent, according to North America Utilities Lead Greg Guthridge.
Stretching and growing
8) Is there such a thing as a family-friendly career? Senior Technology Delivery Lead Anna Bancroft shares her tips for raising a family and building a career.
9) Love to spread your wings? Technology Strategy Consultant Ricarda Renner shares her story of growing her career across the globe.
10) “Be famous for something”! Our CEO Pierre Nanterme offers sage advice on how to make an impact and be recognized for your unique vision and set of skills.
Ready to improve the way the world works and lives? Find your fit with Accenture.
Copyright © 2019 Accenture. All rights reserved. Accenture, its logo, and High performance. Delivered. are trademarks of Accenture.
This document makes descriptive reference to trademarks that may be owned by others. The use of such trademarks herein is not an assertion of ownership of such trademarks by Accenture and is not intended to represent or imply the existence of an association between Accenture and the lawful owners of such trademarks.