The Project Management Officer (PMO) is a professional able to support projects and programs independently, acts as a right hand of project manager / delivery manager. The activities of the PMO are centralized around resource and work planning & control, budget management, change management and product quality control. Also, a PMO person is able to lead a small team of junior program control services members: schedule and assign PMO work, set objectives, provide feedback on performance and motivate them.
PM Officers do help the project manager to administer and operate within different project management areas and sometime they manage PMO junior people to deliver scheduled and on demand PMO services in time, scope and budget agreed with client.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Report generation following a predefined script as well as preparation of custom reports for project needs
• Administration of risks and issues
• Help with implementation of Accenture standard project management methodology
• MS Project workplan management support; keeping track of plans, budget, quality standards, deliverables and dependencies
• Project metrics reporting and project finance management
• Facilitation of internal and external meetings
• Monitoring of relations between project areas and active improvement submission
• Leading and coaching a small team of junior project support specialists (program control services members)
• Organizing project resource management